Nissan Note boot switch problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Wife's car's boot won't open. The boot (hatch) unlock switch is a momentary electrical button driving what sounds like a solenoid to unlock the catch. Even when open you can hear a click every time you press the button. Well you can on one that's working.

It's definitely electrical. I was hoping it was just the switch contacts and a squirt of contact cleaner would sort it but it looks like it might be a wire snapped due to fatigue where it bends https://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/threads/back-boot-wont-open.742/page-2?nested_view=1&sortby=oldest
The car is 09 plate owned since new so the hatch has been opened thousands of times.

I know there are at least one or two on this forum with Notes. Anybody had this issue?

sheddy

Legendary Member
Is there a manual release inside the boot lid ?

si_c

Guru
If one of the catch solenoids is working as expected, could you not run a shunt wire to the one that isn't working? You're going to have to open the boot lid anyway, so this might be a quick and dirty way of getting it to open.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1705509846915.png

OP
OP
D

Dadam

If one of the catch solenoids is working as expected, could you not run a shunt wire to the one that isn't working? You're going to have to open the boot lid anyway, so this might be a quick and dirty way of getting it to open.

Are there two solenoids? There’s no hint of a click when the button is pressed

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Wife's car's boot won't open. The boot (hatch) unlock switch is a momentary electrical button driving what sounds like a solenoid to unlock the catch. Even when open you can hear a click every time you press the button. Well you can on one that's working.

It's definitely electrical. I was hoping it was just the switch contacts and a squirt of contact cleaner would sort it but it looks like it might be a wire snapped due to fatigue where it bends https://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/threads/back-boot-wont-open.742/page-2?nested_view=1&sortby=oldest
The car is 09 plate owned since new so the hatch has been opened thousands of times.

I know there are at least one or two on this forum with Notes. Anybody had this issue?

Guilty as charged I am a Note owner

Never had an issue myself but pretty sure I have read it's quite common for the wiring to break where it goes from the body to the tailgate.

Had an issue yesterday where the steering lock wouldn't release ended up being the cr2032 battery in keyfob once new battery fitted all good.

OP
OP
D

Dadam

Guilty as charged I am a Note owner

Never had an issue myself but pretty sure I have read it's quite common for the wiring to break where it goes from the body to the tailgate.

Had an issue yesterday where the steering lock wouldn't release ended up being the cr2032 battery in keyfob once new battery fitted all good.

But it had enough juice to trigger the central locking? Or do you unlock with the physical key?

CXRAndy

Guru
Talking about boot switch. The insignia estate is back for me to swap out the boot switch on this car. Seems to be nearly a yearly event listening to the owner

Top Bottom