No Bikes at McDonalds Drive-Through

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
So, against my better judgement, I decided to go for a McDonalds breakfast this morning.

To save time I decided to use the drivethrough, instead of locking up the bike and going inside. However I was refused service.

It appears that this is their "Safety Policy". They refuse to serve all non-motorised vehicles: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...turned-away-from-McDonalds-drive-through.html

Oh well, looks like McDonalds have actually helped improve my diet! My custom is going elsewhere from now on!

the snail

Guru
I wonder which is more of a health & safety hazard, using the drive through or eating the food?

Drive-Thru McDonalds restaurants are EXTREMELY dangerous for bicycles.

Some years ago while driving to Wales with the children, it seemed prudent to pop into the Belmont (Hereford) Drive-Thru MacDonalds en route.

As I burbled under the chain-suspended height-restriction beam, there was a massive CLAAAANG!

The beam appeared to have come into accidental contact with a pair of road bikes mounted upright on the roof of our MPV.

The overall cost wasn't high, but it amused the children. Greatly.

Good move by McDonalds to ban these idiots with bicycles!!!:rolleyes:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
So, against my better judgement, I decided to go for a McDonalds breakfast this morning.

To save time I decided to use the drivethrough, instead of locking up the bike and going inside. However I was refused service.

It appears that this is their "Safety Policy". They refuse to serve all non-motorised vehicles: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...turned-away-from-McDonalds-drive-through.html

Oh well, looks like McDonalds have actually helped improve my diet! My custom is going elsewhere from now on!
.........MaccyDs at Hockliffe is opening it's restaurant at 3.45 in the morning for the FNRttC

Sounds like they should also ban the idiots in cars MPV's;)

No. Not at all and entirely to the contrary. Your argument lacks logic and suggests a poor analysis on your part of the data provided.

The MPV passed underneath the bar with some room to spare. It wasn't even close.

It was the bloody bicycles that hit the thing. CLAAAAANG!

Clearly, MPVs are not a problem, nor are the upright, law-abiding citizens who drive them.

The problem was with the bicycles (and with the idiot who forgot they were mounted on the roof).

Cyclist33

I recently stopped off at a KFC in Congleton after 35 miles on a Twix, ordered a BBQ Chicken Burger from the Drive-In, and when I reached the Pick-Up Point, the girl kindly informed me I wasn't allowed to use the Drive-Thru. She still served me though, blissfully unaware that I meant it 100% when I said "I won't be bothering to come here again."

After a few minutes, I saw the funny side.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
By no means company policy, or if it is then it is either recent ot not universally applied, as I've been served, a la bici, on at least three occasions in the last year.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
so what if the amish or travellers on horse and cart want a drive - thru?? lol.

just cycle through making ferrari sounds or playing the F1 engine notes and see if they notice :whistle:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Horse and cart isn't allowed (there was a news story on it a couple years back)

What does annoy me is that they will open drive-thru only at certain times of day, usually at good times for audax receipts when little else is open. So you can only buy stuff from them if you are in a car.

Top Bottom