No Bikes at McDonalds Drive-Through

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Horse and cart isn't allowed (there was a news story on it a couple years back)

What does annoy me is that they will open drive-thru only at certain times of day, usually at good times for audax receipts when little else is open. So you can only buy stuff from them if you are in a car.

a lot of them have walk up windows now to get round the possible discrimination obblocks that some will undoubtedly spout.

I do like the hash browns from there though

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Apparently (said a google search some time ago) their insurance only covers them for motor vehicles in the drive-thru, no pedestrians, bicycles, horses etc. The stupidest part is that they dont even warn people not to cycle through, but if you do they tell you its too dangerous to pick up food.

Most of the staff dont seem to know the rules or reasoning and the sign on the windows just says no pedestrians, so sometimes youll get refused and other times youll get a lovely rubbery burger, though i havent worked out in which scenario im winning.

Reactions: mjr

classic33

Leg End Member
Apparently (said a google search some time ago) their insurance only covers them for motor vehicles in the drive-thru, no pedestrians, bicycles, horses etc. The stupidest part is that they dont even warn people not to cycle through, but if you do they tell you its too dangerous to pick up food.

Most of the staff dont seem to know the rules or reasoning and the sign on the windows just says no pedestrians, so sometimes youll get refused and other times youll get a lovely rubbery burger, though i havent worked out in which scenario im winning.
1.jpg

So, going through on something like this, which is clearly not a bicycle, would not be allowed either.

Hawk

Veteran
I once got refused service on my bike... I was in "race" mode so just had some money - but no lock. I did try again but neither my adamant claim that I was a ferarri, nor the convincing engine noises I made, persuaded the manager otherwise and indeed led to me being threatened with having the police called. McTwats

machew

Veteran
No Horses at MCD's Drive through either (Link may contain nuts)

gavintc

Guru
Some colleagues of mine were in Norfolk, Virginia for a meeting. Arriving late in the hotel, they wanted some quick food. A drive - thru McD was across the road. Like many posters have stated, they would not serve in the drive - thru. Conveniently a car arrived, so they asked the driver, if one of them could sit in the car and make the order. No, problems - they thought. However, when he arrived at the serving hatch, they found not only would he not be served, but the cops had been called. Apparently, the discussion with the driver and climbing in the passenger seat had been seen on CCTV. Thankfully, they managed to avoid being arrested, but got a 'telling off' from the cops. Incredible.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Some colleagues of mine were in Norfolk, Virginia for a meeting. Arriving late in the hotel, they wanted some quick food. A drive - thru McD was across the road. Like many posters have stated, they would not serve in the drive - thru. Conveniently a car arrived, so they asked the driver, if one of them could sit in the car and make the order. No, problems - they thought. However, when he arrived at the serving hatch, they found not only would he not be served, but the cops had been called. Apparently, the discussion with the driver and climbing in the passenger seat had been seen on CCTV. Thankfully, they managed to avoid being arrested, but got a 'telling off' from the cops. Incredible.

A telling of for what? It's not as if they were doing a McCarjacking?

I broke down in our local McD`s a few years ago just after I had ordered the food and paid the clutch went in my car. So the staff came out and pushed me to the pickup food booth and then to the car park.

irw

Quadricyclist
I was turned away from a McDonalds drive-through once. They told me to lock my bike up and come inside. I said they had no bike racks to lock my bike to (which they didn't, they only had some railings around the door, to which locking my bike would have got in people's way) , then cycled off.

Might see what they say next time I've got the quad << out!

Top Bottom