No Bikes at McDonalds Drive-Through

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
What kind of bike is that then?^_^

one that gives 2 fingers to the rest

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am going out now. As a test, I will attempt to purchase a Blueberry Muffin from the drive-thru (McD's). I will update in here what the outcome was and whether or not it is possible to do it.

Reactions: mjr

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Be sure to helmet cam the drive-thru attempts! :biggrin:
I have done. I went up to the first counter as the machine wouldnt pick up my bike and the woman happily served me and pointed out that in the future, to just go to the window and order.
I stated that other people have been refused entry and she said that "you couldnt exactly park your bike in a space and walk in could you?".
At least some people understand.

Reactions: mjr

subaqua

What’s the point
I have done. I went up to the first counter as the machine wouldnt pick up my bike and the woman happily served me and pointed out that in the future, to just go to the window and order.
I stated that other people have been refused entry and she said that "you couldnt exactly park your bike in a space and walk in could you?".
At least some people understand.

North Wales innit, Gogs have sense

Apparently (said a google search some time ago) their insurance only covers them for motor vehicles in the drive-thru, no pedestrians, bicycles, horses etc. The stupidest part is that they dont even warn people not to cycle through, but if you do they tell you its too dangerous to pick up food.

Most of the staff dont seem to know the rules or reasoning and the sign on the windows just says no pedestrians, so sometimes youll get refused and other times youll get a lovely rubbery burger, though i havent worked out in which scenario im winning.

Strikes me that a "refund campaign" would be the way forward.

You pay for the food, and then they will not let you pick it up then ask for a refund.

Holdsworth

Über Member
I have cycled through the Drive Thru Maccies in Crewe on one or two occasions, no problems aside from the weight sensor at the ordering speaker phone thing not registering me.

I may ask what the official policy is concerning drive thru services as I work at the service station McD's at Sandbach (no drive thru there though)

Top Bottom