No Gloves WTF ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mate at work forgot his once, and said he'd never been in as much pain on the ride back home: 8 miles at -1, which doesn't take into account the wind chill factor.

He said they were throbbing for ages when he got back into the warm too.
Mine can be like that even with gloves ,feet are even worse at times even with overshoes .

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hate wearing gloves. Only do so as a final recourse in really bad conditions and then it'll be the fingerless ones. My hands are warm after a couple of miles and it's only the really long downhills that make them cold again

Anyone who thinks they need gloves should cycle up more hills and take a hefty dose of MTFU :tongue:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
A bloke i see round my way ALWAYS wear sandles when cycling, whatever the weather.

And without socks too. He dont seem to type to be a fashion victim so i can only assume the lack of socks os due to wanting to draw attention to it... Or maybe thers is a little know velominati rule about beong bare foot with sandles.

DTD

Veteran
Always wear gloves, though in summer they might be fingerless ones.
I've got numb fingers through illness, so winter is very painful for me, even two pairs and I'm still going numb – going to have to get some serious deep winter jobbies. As I don't have the best dexterity with my fingers, I'm going to have to try a few on to get the warmest I can manage.

Crankarm

Guru
I see lots of the eejits in and around Cambridge - no hats, no gloves and no lights. Not only are they a menace to other road users they are a risk to themselves.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I saw someone cycling with one hand in their pocket looking very cold, and I keep seeing strange people in shorts - I don't know how they can in this weather. I often have a spare pair of gloves even if they are thin ones in my bag in winter time. Though last week on the two lovely days it was warm enough to cycle without gloves and enjoy the feeling of freedom for my fingers.

chqshaitan

Guru
ive only recently started to commute and no way would i not wear gloves. Safety comes first for me, looks a distant second.

The first few times I walked into work A few peps said to me was I there to rob the placeas i was wearing a buff, with only my eyes and nose on display and a helmet. :smile: Kept me nice and warm i gotta say.

Buff works wonders, just makes it a bit harder to breathe through but thats probably not a bad thing as it makes your CV system work just that bit more.

Venod

Eh up
Always wear gloves, though in summer they might be fingerless ones.
I've got numb fingers through illness, so winter is very painful for me, even two pairs and I'm still going numb – going to have to get some serious deep winter jobbies. As I don't have the best dexterity with my fingers, I'm going to have to try a few on to get the warmest I can manage.

Same here DTD ( vibration white finger) the temperature has to rise quite a bit before I can get away without gloves on the bike, when running I have to wear gloves until I get warmed up then sometimes I can take them off, I have returned from bike rides in the cold had gloves on all the time and still had to put my hands in a sink of hot water to get some blood into them, its a bit of a painful exercise but it works.

I envy the people who can ride in the coldest conditions without gloves, I do see a few, funny thing is I can ride without a hat in the cold without much bother !

I used to regularly see a bloke cycling round Edinburgh in all weathers in bare feet.

Havn't seen him for a couple of years now, hope he is OK.

Top Bottom