No longer being updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
60 bags arrived in the end….so 5 free

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Sand and chippings coming some time today - so should have the ground ready for topsoil this weekend

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So the step is now in and i have starting filling up the first 150mm of the slope

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

More work today as i squared up and extended the gravel path that use to be grass, but just stays boggy in the winter as no sun gets to that area……..so some more 6x2s cut and 40 unwanted slabs and 20 edge stands was smashed up to help fill the void, before more pea gravel is added, before some decorative stuff is added to the top.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

more timber ordered today, to finish all the surroundings......also started the small deck extension on the side for the kitchen/eating area

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Picked up the deckboards earlier, so plan is to get the deck finished on the weekend, then start building the surrounding planter boxes for privacey………its all slowly coming together.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Finished the new planter boxes earlier….

so they have gone from this

to looking like this

Will get them all refilled now with topsoil and compost, ready for the new plants in spring/summer. Just got to do the one on the right side of the pergola now, to match them up.

Last edited:

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Looking better all the time jowwy :becool:
Its getting there grig……im hoping to be done before summer kicks in, so i can just sit and enjoy it this year.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The build up of the garden is starting to take shape now as i have filled with the gravel and have now started to add the soil, sharp sand and compost

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Another 50+ bags of topsoil just arrived......garden is looking flatter now, but this weekends weather forecast means i will be staying well inside

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Nearly ready for seeding now - on tuesday i added 1000ltrs of topsoil and 400ltrs of sharp sand , last night i added 700ltrs of compost, with another 700ltrs in the car to be added this evening........will seed it all now on the weekend

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Nearly ready for seeding now - on tuesday i added 1000ltrs of topsoil and 400ltrs of sharp sand , last night i added 700ltrs of compost, with another 700ltrs in the car to be added this evening........will seed it all now on the weekend
It looks really nice and all those lovely nutrients you have added is going to promote a lot of growth. Is it not a bit early for seeding as I thought you need a ground temperature of over 10 degrees? I have a lot of bare patches that a visiting dog created in my lawn that I am itching to repair but have been holding off for warmer weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom