No more club rides for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Maybe rather than confessing to having Aspergers Matthew could mention that he's a bit shy - maybe he's younger than other members - and ask someone to help him join in.
I am a hell of a lot younger than other members. There was at least 20 years difference between me and them. I think that is part of the problem, I just dont have the life experience to be able to input things into conversations.
I even find that when talking to people at college. I just run aground with what to say next.

If people are talking about something general, I might be able to get my foot in the door with a comment but convo's can quickly change direction and leave me without an input.

The Autism is something only a few members know about. Although the ones that do know can see me on my own but probably dont know how to handle the situation. I bet they think that introducing me into a conversation would scare me or that I just like to be on my own. Neither is true.
Admittedly I often do prefer my own company (when actually cycling for example), but at very social occasions I like to be part of it.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Paddled that boat Matthew :sad: , I have been in similar situations many times when I was younger, not at all nice and I'm really not in a position to offer wisdom or advise, but it does get easier as you get older though.

Matthew, don't let one bad experience put you off club riding. You're not a million miles away from Delamere so if you fancy playing out on a mtb there are club runs round the forrest from the visitor centre every thursday at 6.30pm, rain or shine.

All abilities are catered for, I guarantee you'll be made to feel welcome and will have a good time.

PM me if you're interested.

Top Bottom