No more weather forecasts for me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
From the middle of last week, and even as late as Saturday evening , the Met office and BBC online forecasts predicted doom and gloom for the weekend. Heavy rain, gales, plague of frogs, etc etc were being forecast for our area today, concern being expressed about the 'bad weather on Sunday'. We abandoned our planned ride earlier today in view of the atrocious conditions expected later. I did the weekly shop instead :sad:.
What actually happened? It's cloudy, we had a light shower for all of 5 minutes, and there's a bit of wind, in fact a normal day, fine conditions for a Sunday ride. This happens more and more frequently - it seems the only near accurate forecast is the on-the-day, last minute one. I'm going to give up weather forecasts except for 'Rain Today' and XC wind observation, both of which are more or less real time and confirm your own 'looking out the window' forecast.

Oh - and I do know about Rule 5 :smile:!

I have stopped bothering about the forecast now, and tend to plan rides depending on what I encounter on the day - if it's grim I may shorten a ride but if it's a grand day then I might lengthen it; mostly I just stick with my plans, barring injury or illness.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think this is definitely one they got wrong ... again we were expecting a washout today with rain most of the day. I think there was some overnight but since then it has mostly been dry although I see there looks to be an hour or two of rain on its way for the middle of the afternoon on the radar.

judder

Yeah same here. All day yesterday Met Office said today was going to be heavy rain all day non stop, total washout...Not a rain drop yet...

Brandane

Legendary Member
Was it just the west of Scotland, then? AGAIN :rolleyes:. Wet and windy this morning, now cleared to heavy blustery frequent showers. A fairly normal day, sadly.

Top Bottom