No Mow May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I haven't got a lawn mower.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
If my front lawn were that size I'd want a sit-on mower.

I'd thought about it but, at my age I thought the exercise would do me good, so I opted for a wide cut self propelled walk behind mower. Figured I'd get more exercise walking behind it, than sitting on my arse on a ride on. :laugh:
Here's Harry the mower. 200cc of 4 stroke power.......and 2 cup holders. :cheers:

IMG_20230501_173559216_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd thought about it but, at my age I thought the exercise would do me good, so I opted for a wide cut self propelled walk behind mower. Figured I'd get more exercise walking behind it, than sitting on my arse on a ride on. :laugh:
Here's Harry the mower. 200cc of 4 stroke power.......and 2 cup holders. :cheers:

View attachment 687834

That looks nice. My parents have had a John Deere mulcher mower for 12 years. But they can't find a mulcher with electric start and dolly wheels anywhere. They have quite a few obstacles so 360 front wheels are a must. But it seems no manufacturers are doing them now unless it's an ultra big, ultra expensive zero turn ride-on

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not a chance - did mine today and even with the cut height set quite long I've still got three large black sacks worth of clippings to dispose of.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Started late, and grass is growing madly. Daisies are being somewhat reluctant this year, so not really seeing the point at the moment.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
That looks nice. My parents have had a John Deere mulcher mower for 12 years. But they can't find a mulcher with electric start and dolly wheels anywhere. They have quite a few obstacles so 360 front wheels are a must. But it seems no manufacturers are doing them now unless it's an ultra big, ultra expensive zero turn ride-on

https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk...c-petrol-lawn-mower-includes-600ml-engine-oil

This doesn't seem to say it comes with a mulching attachment but the Hyundai mower I have like this (can't remember what model exactly, sorry) came with one.

Edit to add just had a proper look, does have a mulching option according to the specifications.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My housing association only cuts the grass when it is really necessary.......... ie 2 feet tall
And the council is no better our cycle path becomes unusable

The H/A I rent off are pretty good. From late March till early/mid October they strim and mow every fortnight. This month the workmen have even skipped round the daffodil chutes, not mowing over them to give the daffs a better chance of flowering next year. I think the earliest you should cut daffodil chutes is early June. 🤔

Gillstay

Über Member
I cut for a bit longer as its been so wet and then will stop till the autumn. Why carry on such a Victorian idea. An collecting it seems crazy work making.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk...c-petrol-lawn-mower-includes-600ml-engine-oil

This doesn't seem to say it comes with a mulching attachment but the Hyundai mower I have like this (can't remember what model exactly, sorry) came with one.

Edit to add just had a proper look, does have a mulching option according to the specifications.

looks perfect thanks. I have sent them the link. My Dad wants to continue using their current one which doesn't start again when it's hot (possibly fuel evaporating in/after the carb) and it's a pig to start with the pull start anyway, plus the clutch is on it's way out. Hopefully my mum will force him to buy a new one!

Top Bottom