No Mow May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I haven't got a lawn.

I suppose someone has to say this

but my first thought was this was a thread about a lazy woman with an overgrown garden

Just me???

again???

notice how I am being nice and not rude comments about the title

jus' sayin'
I suppose someone has to say this

but my first thought was this was a thread about a lazy woman with an overgrown garden

Just me???

again???

notice how I typed that and didn;t mention any smutty possible ways of interpreting it

I'm being good!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You don't play croquet? Pleb.

I think croquet should be reintroduced as a summer sport/pastime! it's probably still popular in 'posher' places, but not here in east Lancashire. Though the bowling club in the park, up the road from where I live used to have 'and crouquet club' in their name and maybe still do. Without looking it up, doesn't Wimbledon tennis club also have a croquet connection? 🤔

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
My compromise

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 2

potsy

Rambler
I cut mine once I couldn't see the dog any more!
IMG_20230520_074820.jpg

As an aside - at one point I owned a house with a garden but was forced to be elsewhere for a couple of months in summer
hence the grass ended up very high and totally overgrown

I tried using my normal Flymo and also tried the normal garden strimmer

both worked at about an inch at a time - very slow and hard work
basically I was still very limited in the time I had available so it was getting worse at a greater rate than I could fix it.

Then I found out about petrol rotary mowers - a friend had a little and very old one and it just went through the whole lawn in a short time with little effort.
The next year the same thing happened (it was a long story!!!) and I hired one from a nearby shop and that one was even better

so - if your lawn is overgrown - think about hiring a petrol mower for an hour or so - it can save a LOT of effort!

DRM

Guru
I think Leeds City Council are not just doing no mow may, but no mow 2023, the grass verges round here are absolutely appalling, indeed any pedestrians with hay fever have my heart felt sympathy

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's weird, they've left the verge outside my house to grow about 30cm high. Yet other verges in other districts have been mown. It's dangerous near roundabouts and zebra crossings as it limits visibility

It's weird, they've left the verge outside my house to grow about 30cm high. Yet other verges in other districts have been mown. It's dangerous near roundabouts and zebra crossings as it limits visibility

I read somewhere that they sometimes allow vegetation to grow on roundabout verges because, as it limits visibility, it forces drivers to enter the roundabout more slowly and carefully
Obviously not all drivers - but enough that the stats show it to be worth doing

Top Bottom