No point being the richest person in the grave yard is there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Ever since my first ride on a wooden track a couple of months ago, I was hooked.

So started looking at building up a track bike up, then I looked at buying a complete bike, which is far more cost effective. But very slowly the price range was getting higher and higher.

So then I thought sod it, I am not on this earth to window shop. If yer gonna 'ave a go, 'ave a proper go. :sad:

Ordered this little beauty this afternoon. :biggrin: My missus is gonna kill me when she finds out. :blush:

fujitrackpro2010.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow... that looks smart... and fast....

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Young Un said:
Tubular or Clincher, carbon or alloy rims? not jealous at all by the way:evil:

Sadly clinchers, not ideal I know. But nearly ever new track bike comes with these now. :biggrin: And to be honest, they will be plenty good enough for me.

Not sure about the wheels, other than they are 46mm deep? But I suspect alloy. :sad:

naffets said:
Is that one of those couple of hundred quid bargains that we all find when the mrs asks!
looks nice enjoy

You must have seen the same advert as me then. :blush:

zacklaws

Guru
Looks nice, but it should be dead easy to con her that you got it at a knock down price, when you tell her the shop knocked a fortune off the price because you said that you would fit your own brakes, water bottle holders, gears and pedals but the shop owner was also not happy and said he might as well give them away at that price and as you've now decided that it looks far better without them that all the money you saved you can now buy her them new summer clothes or even better go away for the weekend, which somehow coincides with there being an indoor track round the corner.

Or just simply say its one of those cheap foreign imports, then start laughing and say, "look the fools have not fitted any gears, pedals or brakes on it, no wonder it was only £99, they should stick to making fuji film, wish I'd gone to Halfrauds now"

As Capt Mainwaring would say "I think you are getting into the realms of fantasy again, Jones"

Very nice - a Ridley Dean is next no doubt!

GilesM

Legendary Member
Looks fantastic, and I'm very jealous, when I saw the title of this thread I just thought about the old line, "he who dies with the most toys is the winner", it looks like you're improving your chances in that competition.

mossy

Enjoy but could you not go for the full experience and build a track nearby?
Then they're just might be grounds for a minor complain of overspending!!

Top Bottom