No serial number?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavb

Probably the wrong place but I cannot seem to find a serial number anywhere on my bike and wondered if there was any reason that this may be.
It's a BMC road bike circa 2003 in Phonak team colours. I assumed the obvious place would be under the BB but nothing there and not even the slightest hint of it's possibe removal. Are there any other places that it may be hiding at all?

ASC1951

Guru
Although they were commonplace in my youth, I haven't had a bike with a serial number for maybe 30 years. I don't think most manufacturers bother now - why should they?

ASC1951

Guru
Maybe Bianchis need them because of all the quality issues. :biggrin:

In my youth the frame number used to be stamped under the BB, so that you could enamel over the top of it and make it unreadable. There is definitely nothing there on my Ti bike (a good quality Italian frame) unless it's under the cable guide, nor on my fixed (an 853 Dolan with no cable guide).

Mind you, if it's in less than 7 point I wouldn't be able to see it these days anyway.

redjedi

Über Member
ASC1951 said:
Maybe Bianchis need them because of all the quality issues. :smile:

Oi !!!!!! :biggrin:

It was under the BB on my last Bianchi. I haven't looked for it yet on my new Bianchi....eeekk :ohmy:
**runs to find frame number**

OP
OP
G

gavb

No it's not in any of those places. The company I was using won't insure it without a s/n. Do all companies want the s/n?

gavb said:
No it's not in any of those places. The company I was using won't insure it without a s/n. Do all companies want the s/n?
I've used tesco home insurance and they never requested a s/n; I'm now with Marks & Spencers and they haven't either.

Top Bottom