No wonder..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Yes, we discussed that one not that long ago and while I wouldn't use the horn in that situation, I can understand why some people do - there does at least seem to be a purpose to it. However...

What exactly did you hope to achieve by beeping in this case?

I admit to laughing when I read your earlier post quoting the cyclist's response.

The even funnier thing is, I was off to my {deceased] grandmothers house to help clear it. Can you imagine.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Losing your temper is only a minor fault? Terrifying.
As far as I can tell from the National Standards for Driving, misuse of the horn seems like a minor (failing to control the vehicle correctly), whereas I'd expect someone to fail for going the full Ronnie Pickering (which could be interpreted as driving while unfit, in a state of anger).

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here in London large swathes of the Highway Code are ignored all the time, and irrespective of what it says about using the horn, if you have'nt started moving away from traffic lights while the light is on amber you will get honked, thems the real rulez.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Now now User9609 you are just being mischievous. You know perfectly well that if you advocate the use of courtesy and common sense towards motorised vehicles on single track roads you are just inviting trouble. Who cares if you hold up a dozen or so cars for a few miles? They can spend more time admiring the scenery. I hope you can see the bulge in my cheek as not all can.

Top Bottom