Non cyclists need recalibrating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've found you can't always get any bikes into one of those, the yellow car profile is too close to the end of the loop and the loops too close to the kerb, so that at best you can get a couple slantways in. I like the concept, but as with too much cycling infrastructure the implementation is poor.
Yeah implementation can break things and I guess installation is sometimes left to the same highways departments who have been making boneheaded mistakes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for years.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah implementation can break things and I guess installation is sometimes left to the same highways departments who have been making boneheaded mistakes to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for years.
In a car park, as in the case mentioned, it'd be nothing to do with any highway department. It'd come down to the developers and the owners.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In a car park, as in the case mentioned, it'd be nothing to do with any highway department. It'd come down to the developers and the owners.
I'm sure most shop chains have estates or facilities departments serving in that role.

Also, I've yet to see the car shapes being commented upon used by anyone besides government.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm sure most shop chains have estates or facilities departments serving in that role.

Also, I've yet to see the car shapes being commented upon used by anyone besides government.
Pointless posting it then, given the ones mentioned is on private land, not actually owned by the supermarket.

Top Bottom