Non cyclists need recalibrating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Long distance bike tester?

Treadmill tester?

Slick

Guru
So we are still waiting for this 10 hour job that is so draining that cycling is not possible. Have people forgotten that cycling to and from all sorts of physical jobs was the norm?
I am still a scaffolder, ship building, construction, oil and gas then ran my own show. If there was anything left you were doing it wrong.

screenman

Legendary Member
So we are still waiting for this 10 hour job that is so draining that cycling is not possible. Have people forgotten that cycling to and from all sorts of physical jobs was the norm?

It is not about being tired after a 10 hour job along with 2 hours of commuting, it is the demand on time for other commitments.

Slick

Guru
16's were the norm offshore. Running my own business meant I everyone finished when the job was completed not when the clock struck a particular hour.

The fact you don't recognise this speaks volumes as to why we're poles apart.

Slick

Guru
Most scaffolders i know are down pub by mid afternoon.
Most?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
16's were the norm offshore. Running my own business meant I everyone finished when the job was completed not when the clock struck a particular hour.

The fact you don't recognise this speaks volumes as to why we're poles apart.

So not much opportunity for cycling then and of course you will have had olenty if days off else the working time directives are broken.

Slick

Guru
So not much opportunity for cycling then and of course you will have had olenty if days off else the working time directives are broken.
They weren't even written for most if it. Ffs

And yes, they were smashed for the rest of it.

Top Bottom