Non-famous people with famous names (that you know)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
One of my son's friends is a David Brent. He doesn't like being teased about it, especially when he has had a hard day at the office.

Large

Duty idiot
I worked with a John Lewis, a Mike Smith and a Peter Griffin
I was at school with a Jason Donovan, an Andrew Davies, a David Davies, a Rhodri Morgan
Through sports I have known a Steve Harris and Steve Cummin(g)s
The landlord of my favourite boozer Is Phil Bennett

I have a friend called Richard Burton. He's into amateur dramatics.
You know that's not the only famous Dicky Burton? I found it very confusing when studying colonial India, wondering where he had time to translate the Karma Sutra, what with the acting and Elizabeth Taylor and the drinking and all.

Bill Bryson was amused when he was in Australia, the was a big political power battle between Abbott and Costello - apparently nobody else noticed the names, as they'd been in the public eye for decades at that point (Tony & Peter respectively)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A business acquaintance was called Phil Collins. His salesman was Colin Phillips.

Got an Aussie mate called Mick Jones. Also knew a Tony Martin and a Bobby Moore. And played rugby with a Johnny Cash.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My brother shares a name with a formerly well-known cyclist. Will tell you who if I ever meet you and you remember to ask/give a shoot :okay:
I share a name with 3 people of note, who all had the same name as me :smile:. If I told you, I would have to kill you.

I'm quite well-known in my field, though not famous :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I had a drink or two around the camp fire with Pamela Anderson during the summer so I could say I know her quite well. She is a member of the car club I do some events with. She is also blonde :rolleyes:

Sara_H

Guru
There's a doctor I know at work who had the same very unusual name as a fictional doctor on a prime time tellybox hospital based drama.
He's been killed off now so it's not funny any more.

Top Bottom