Noob advice - inner tube size

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Earthwormjim, 10 Jul 2012.

  1. Earthwormjim

    Earthwormjim Regular

    I need a new inner tube for my hybrid. The one currently in it is 700 x 28/32C. Will
    700 x 28/38 be ok for a replacement?
  2. ianrauk

    ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

    Atop a Ti
    yes it will be fine
  3. biggs682

    biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

    yes fine , just dont pinch them
  4. festival

    festival Über Member

    Without seeing it and the tyre its going in its hard to be 100% sure.
    This is due to different makers measuring and marking their tubes inconsistent with each other, e.g. I have one marked 700x 19/23 that is wider than another that's marked 700x 19/25.
    Having said that, If the new tube is a little wider it will be fine, but be sure to be extra careful when you ease it in
  5. OP

    Earthwormjim Regular

    Thanks for the info guys. For the future, is there any other sizes I could get away with?
  6. Pauluk

    Pauluk Senior Member

    I'm only a novice jim but may be you should consider your tyre size first, then choose a tube that has a range to suit your tyre. At the moment I'm using 35mm tyres (35C) on my hybrid so I tend to buy 28 to 38. This means I can use them on my trainer bike that has a 28c rear tyre as well as my 35c tyres. Halfords are doing 3 for 2 today (£10 for 3) so they work out nice and cheap.
  7. ufkacbln

    ufkacbln Guest

    Do legally bought ones function better then?
    Psyklon likes this.
  8. biggs682

    biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

    no but better quality ones do
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice