do your own maintenance, but know your limits. I leave headsets well alone as I don't have a press, but am happy to tackle almost all other tasks. Mind you this has been built up over the last few years. 5 years ago I would get an LBS to change a punctureTouche said:5 years ago I would get an LBS to change a puncture

jonny jeez said:Can you get a good selection of punctures then![]()
jonny jeez said:+1 on the workshop thing, I'll tackle a few jobs, mostly spit and polish but wont go near anything that I consider too technical....not yet any how.
jonny jeez said:But I tend to give Chitty a good "tweak" each weekend (gears, derailer, brakes etc)
Touche said:Didn't you know? H*lf*rds do a fantastic selection from thorn through to pinch, I even managed to get a double pinch when they had the stock delivered.
I thought you never touched Chitty in case the auto changer broke!
jonny jeez said:I've got soo much to learn!!
Yep, you're right....I worked up the courage to clean out the rear cassette a month ago and have started to "phase" in my involvement...still a little worried about upsetting her, but she seems to be looking after me, so perhaps my amateur fumblings are appreciated!
I'd never go as far as "changing" something (untill I really need to...fingers crossed)
