Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neslon

That was a hard ride. Not just the big hills, but the sheer number of little ones all the time. The first guinness in the Falcons stadium was nectar!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Sorry to hear that Lizard Eye... :wacko:
7hrs 10 mins riding time, + 40 mins stops (:tongue: I thought I only stopped for a wee bit at each of the 4 stops, but obviously not!)... that'll do me :smile:

A great ride, really enjoyed it. I echo the thoughts about the youngsters manning the station... good work! And overall organisation excellent too... BUT... Peter, if you read this, can you get more Medium T-shirts? 2nd yr running they've run out by time I got back. :sad: But thanks anyway, it was a fab ride/day.

LizardEye, was that you I passed at the bottom of Bilsmoor? Or was it someone else with gears gone?

What a good day, just a pity that by the time I got to the top of Bilsmoor they only had water left, and the same at Wark.

Well I managed to get round, aim nuber one accomplished. Didn't have to push up any of it, even Ryals and the hill at Wark, aim number two accoplished. Spent far too long on it, aim number three not accompished. My dad enjoying the day on the 63 miler, aim number four accomplished

Are we up for it next year then? If I go quicker i'll be able to get moor food!

LizardEye

oakroyd said:
LizardEye, was that you I passed at the bottom of Bilsmoor? Or was it someone else with gears gone?
About 12.30 wearing a red Castelli shirt, pushing a yellow and black Defy with a crucial bit missing, with an expression that was part p****d off and part relieved that I was going to miss out on Bilsmoor and the Ryals?

Yep, that was me.

Glad you enjoyed the day. Was good wasn't it.

jonnyboy

had a crackin day yesterday at the cyclone 7hrs 15 official time+1 for the kids manning the stations,it was alot tougher than I thought it was gonna be

KEEF

Veteran
Hi everyone rode the 63 mile route and this time cleaned all the hills::sad: what a great day!
Just a shame the first feed station ran out of goodies when I got there.B)

Sam Kennedy

KEEF said:
Hi everyone rode the 63 mile route and this time cleaned all the hills::sad: what a great day!
Just a shame the first feed station ran out of goodies when I got there.B)

I think I might have seen you, were you the only one with a child trailer?
I remember seeing the trailer just after the start, along the main road outside the rugby grounds.

I_S

col1888

Did the 63miler, my first sportive ! Living in Lincolnshire, as i do, boy that was lumpy !! Had to push up the first at Ryals, but did the second. 4.51 official time, minus about 25 mins stops, so i'm happy. Got round without incident, then unclipped at the finish to dip my time chip, then clipped back in to go down the road, then immediately saw the wife, couldn't unclip and fell over !!

col1888 said:
Did the 63miler, my first sportive ! Living in Lincolnshire, as i do, boy that was lumpy !! Had to push up the first at Ryals, but did the second. 4.51 official time, minus about 25 mins stops, so i'm happy. Got round without incident, then unclipped at the finish to dip my time chip, then clipped back in to go down the road, then immediately saw the wife, couldn't unclip and fell over !!

Glad you enjoyed it Col. Weather was kind to us, beautiful countryside up in Northumberland isnt it.

It was rather lumpy, I live in up here and it took me by surprise!

col1888

Yeah weather was just right i thought. Beautiful part of the world, not like the boring flat pancake that is Lincolnshire. Well organised and well done to the volunteers, great day ! Hat off to you guys who do a 100 !!

abrooks100

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject:
Completed the Cyclone and my longest ride ever but can't help but feel alittle dissapointed. I completed the 104 miles in 7 hours 40 mins. I'm only 25 and would of classed myself as very fit til I started cycling beginning of last year. I know realise how tough cycling is! Taking the positives out I managed to get up all the climbs yesterday without fail. The same couldn't be said for Park Rash 2 weeks ago! I felt stronger on the climbs although I can't help but feel I'm running out of gears at times on my standard compacted!
Any advice on how I can make significant improvements or is it just a case of time on the bike? Am I wanting too much too soon? This was only my second Sportive my first being The Richmond 80!

Top Bottom