Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a quick question that may have been answered before, I know the distance to the first feed is about 20/25 miles in, and the last one is about 15 miles from the finish, does anyone know the distance to the other two?

Last year I misjudged the distance on the 63 miles and ran out of water and bars, don't want to do the same on the 100 this year!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not sure of distances exactly, but
1) = just before Forestburn Gate
2) = top of Billsmoor
3) = Wark
4)= Stamfordham

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well, I've got me timing thingy on now, just about to tuck into maHOOsive pasta dish and have a couple of tinnies :thumbsup:

Sam Kennedy

I'm going to be registering on the morning at the rugby grounds. Do you have to actually wear the timing chip on your wrist, or can you just keep it in your jersey pocket?

Also, at the feed stations, is there a limit per person? I want to stock up at one station since they are really far apart, but I don't want to look like a greedy git :angry:

Sam Kennedy said:
I'm going to be registering on the morning at the rugby grounds. Do you have to actually wear the timing chip on your wrist, or can you just keep it in your jersey pocket?

Also, at the feed stations, is there a limit per person? I want to stock up at one statiik800on since they are really far apart, but I don't want to look like a greedy git :angry:

Hi Sam

Not sure to where you have to wear your chip, mine is on my wrist now.

As for feed stations, personally I would just take what I need. Remember there's people behind you!

I will be taking food and drink with me from the start, so will probably be carry enough to last til the 50 mile mark.

Enjoy the ride, I will be on a white Scott and in blue clothing with white helmet. Say hello if you see me.

Sam Kennedy

Oh, I wasn't going to take a stupid amount, I was just thinking that if they give out energy bars or anything I would probably need 2 to get me to the next station(I will be carrying 3 of my own), but I wasn't sure if the limit was 1 per person or something.

I've 'knocked' twice before, but luckily both times were close to home, I don't want it to happen 30 miles from a feed station!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

LizardEye

Well, halfway round my chain and rear mech decided to part company with the bike, and mangle themselves in the process, so I'm sitting in the sweep van nursing my wounds and cursing loudly. Bol****s!

Sorry too hear about your woes Lizard Eye.

I got round in 6.34 on my computer, 6.44 official time.

A lot more climbs than I was expecting, only had one bout of cramp which was on the Ryals (steepest one)

All in all it was a great day. And a big shout out to the youngsters at the timing/feed stations, you did a great job.

LizardEye

You've no idea how gutted I was, after all the build up. But the mech was completely goosed, so game over. Still a good day though - some killer climbs especialy that one over to rothbury. Big thanks to the two Scousers who picked me up in the sweep van and took me straight to the finish, and to everyone who stopped to offer help.
Can't believe it's over- what we gonna talk about now?

Mark_Robson

addictfreak said:
Sorry too hear about your woes Lizard Eye.

I got round in 6.34 on my computer, 6.44 official time.

A lot more climbs than I was expecting, only had one bout of cramp which was on the Ryals (deepest one)

All in all it was a great day. And a big shout out to the youngsters at the timing/feed stations, you did a great job.
Wow that's an average of 15.5 mph. Well done AF that's amazing ;)

Top Bottom