Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I made a late start last yr (friend having bike problems) amd they'd run out of medium-size t-shirts by the time I got back:ohmy:

Mark_Robson said:
AF if you know of anyone who would like a place on route B then let me know as mine is up for grabs. I was going to advertise it on here but people at work expressed an interest in doing the ride but they haven't followed through.

Sorry to hear that you wont be able to go Mark. I take it that the shoulder has not healed properly yet.

I'll ask around but I think everyone I know who cycles is already signed up.

mr browndog

dosnt look like the weather will help us on saturday, its looking very grim and has done since sunday were i am (teesside) and its not just the smog:laugh:.
hopefully the wind and rain will hold off and it will be a fair day.

i think i may have pulled a muscle in my back after my ride on saturday, didnt feel a thing when i was out, only started to feel it after i had been showered/changed, was reading in cycling weekly it may be because of my saddle position? anybody else had similar prob, dont really want to change it for the cyclone as i might make it worse and due to the weather dosnt look like i can get out this week

Mark_Robson

addictfreak said:
Sorry to hear that you wont be able to go Mark. I take it that the shoulder has not healed properly yet.

I'll ask around but I think everyone I know who cycles is already signed up.
I'm afraid not AF. Road vibration causes inflammation which results in a pinched nerve, so I'm afraid that the ride is a no go for this year. :laugh:
There's a place on route B free to a good home if anyone is interested.

mr browndog

i know alot of you guys are taking part in the 100mile ride but for anyone interested (or worried about the climbs) here is a graph for the 63 mile ride

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
mr browndog said:

Might be a bit breezy (looking at wind on that Met offce one and also metcheck ), but blowing from N/NW, so not too much of an issue (famous last words). For 63-milers, that would mean headwind going up Ritton Bank towards 1st feed stop/checkpoint. For 104ers it means ditto for Ritton, plus hill before you go down to Rothbury, breezy from Netherton to Alwinton (pretty open there, no trees), but it should be in your favour going over Billsmoor.
(Don't quote me on any of this ;) )

mr browndog

As long as the rain holds off (touching wood) ill accept a bit of wind, hopefully no cross winds that are going to sweep me off my bike :biggrin:.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
mr browndog said:
As long as the rain holds off (touching wood) ill accept a bit of wind, hopefully no cross winds that are going to sweep me off my bike :biggrin:.

Funny that, I don't mind the rain, but hate windy conditions :biggrin:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
mr browndog said:
does anybody have any photos of this ride from last year

Nope, sorry... there's a few pics on the cyclone website (as you probably know) but not nec from last yr. Google image search reveals a few though... for example...

20080616_CYCLONE_MAIN.JPG

mr browndog

yea ive had a search on google and the cyclone website, what are the roads like in regards to traffic and surface, theres nothing more i hate than a bumpy pot holed road while cars are flying past

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
mr browndog said:
yea ive had a search on google and the cyclone website, what are the roads like in regards to traffic and surface, theres nothing more i hate than a bumpy pot holed road while cars are flying past

Hi there Mr B... you'll find light traffic in the first few miles, and then next to no traffic the rest of the way round... some roads a bit potholed after the harsh winter, but mostly very good

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Good luck everyone! Hope it goes well for all doing it!
Looks like it's not going to be that warm... and a bit breezy... but should be a great day nonetheless!
:wacko:

Top Bottom