Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aye, even on the granny gear i was struggling up the first bit, I remebered the second bit being easier from last year, how I did it on a 42 last year i'll never know, mind over matter I guess. The views up the Tyne valley were stunning yesterday, but I don't think i'll be going out that way again, the long straight slight inclines were less than inspiring.

I was out that way today, a bit soggy in places. Had my first experience of the Ryals, although I was going down them towards Chollerford.

Something tells me it will be a different story on the day, especially after 80 or so miles.

LizardEye

Yeah, I felt like I was heading towards Chollerford, and I was trying to go up them!

You weren't tempted to turn back and go up, just for the hell of it?

LizardEye said:
Yeah, I felt like I was heading towards Chollerford, and I was trying to go up them!

You weren't tempted to turn back and go up, just for the hell of it?

Actually as perverse as it sounds, YES!

But I soon came to my senses, the lure of a hot bowl of soup and a coffee at the cafe in Chollerford was too much:smile:

Well the 30mile route looks well, especially in the sun.

With the few miles to the start and back again ended up being a quick 40miles today! Just need to be able to put three of them back to back in a months time.

Anybody out at the weekend?

oakroyd said:
Well the 30mile route looks well, especially in the sun.

With the few miles to the start and back again ended up being a quick 40miles today! Just need to be able to put three of them back to back in a months time.

Anybody out at the weekend?

At work saturday.

Out with the club on Sunday, Ponteland to Warkworth:becool:

Mark_Robson

addictfreak said:
Aye its getting close. Hows the collar bone? R u back on the bike yet?
I did 76 the other day and still felt great.
I did the keelmans way ride to Prudhoe and back today, which is 52 miles on the flat and I am knackered. My shoulder isn't as sore as my knees though. :smile:
My only concern is that my little finger has gone numb and there's no sign of it easing off. I have a Physio appointment on Wednesday, I'll see what he has to say.
I really need to start putting the miles in and riding some hills before the day though.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yay! Got 101 miles in today :sad:
In the heat and sun! Included Billsmoor and Ryals. I now have the most ridiculous looking cyclists tan marks!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
LizardEye said:
Nice one! So how much of the route did you do? I'm planning to do 82 tomorrow. No hills mind.

Did this, starting from Morpeth...

Dyke Neuk, Scots Gap, Rothley, F'burn Gate, Rothbury, Snitter, Netherton, Alwinton, Billsmoor, Elsdon, Gibbet, Cambo, Wallington, Colwell, Ryal, Matfen, Stamfordham, Bolam, Hartburn, The Trench, Netherwitton, Dyke Neuk, Hartburn, Dyke Neuk, Mitford

The bit in italics was to make sure I covered 100 :wacko: It's 5 miles home from Dyke Neuk, and I would've been 2 miles short!

LizardEye

addictfreak said:
Lizardeye

Give me a wave if we pass on the road, I will either be on a black focus or a white scott but always wearing a white helmet. I am often up and down the coast.

Hey addictfreak, was that you tanking down the Coast Rd toward Seaburn at about 7.30 tonight?

Top Bottom