Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry guys was really looking forward to doing this on Saturday. Although I have managed to stay work free, other family commitments have taken over.

Hope the sun shines and the winds are light.

Armegatron

Sorry, call me blind but... is there a practice ride for the route this Saturday? If so I may be able to talk the mrs into letting me go ;)

Ta

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hello mike.pembo. I suggested a practice ride, and a few people said they were up for it, but some now aren't. Originally i suggested that those coming out from Toon might want to meet at Ponteland and ride out to Dyke Neuk, where I will be waiting at 9.30am on Saturday morning. I'm going to do the route linked to in post #14, but I can't organise anything for those wanting to meet at Ponteland, and (considering you're form Middlesbrough) I'm afraid I don't know anything about parking in Ponteland either. Best way to leave it (for me, anyway) is for me to say I'll be at Dyke Neuk (mile 10 on suggested route) and I'll ride with anyone who turns up... some were going to turn off at Forestburn Gate, but I'm intending to do the route linked to (which is just over 80 miles).
This Saturday coming, 10th April.

Armegatron

Fnaar said:
Hello mike.pembo. I suggested a practice ride, and a few people said they were up for it, but some now aren't. Originally i suggested that those coming out from Toon might want to meet at Ponteland and ride out to Dyke Neuk, where I will be waiting at 9.30am on Saturday morning. I'm going to do the route linked to in post #14, but I can't organise anything for those wanting to meet at Ponteland, and (considering you're form Middlesbrough) I'm afraid I don't know anything about parking in Ponteland either. Best way to leave it (for me, anyway) is for me to say I'll be at Dyke Neuk (mile 10 on suggested route) and I'll ride with anyone who turns up... some were going to turn off at Forestburn Gate, but I'm intending to do the route linked to (which is just over 80 miles).
This Saturday coming, 10th April.

Cheers for the info. The bikes going to the LBS tomorrow so it'll be touch and go as to whether Ill be coming or not. Ill let you know nearer the time. Looks like a cracking route though.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
mike.pembo said:
Cheers for the info. The bikes going to the LBS tomorrow so it'll be touch and go as to whether Ill be coming or not. Ill let you know nearer the time. Looks like a cracking route though.

Okey doke, maybe see you Sat then. Apart from miles 45 (Elsdon) to mile 65, it's (I think, except for Ponteland end, which i don't know too well) same as this yrs N rock 104. I ride many of these roads most weekends ;)

addictfreak said:
Sorry guys was really looking forward to doing this on Saturday. Although I have managed to stay work free, other family commitments have taken over.

Hope the sun shines and the winds are light.

Im even more gutted now that I have seen the weather forecast:sad::becool:

LizardEye

Sorry lads, I don't think I'll be able to make it on Saturday. Legs not quite up to it. I'll be up for it later in the month though, either the 62 mile route C or fnaars 80 odd, so hopefully can meet up sometime.

Fnaar, enjoy the fine weather, beautiful scenery but most of all those lovely hills.

addictfreak, Mark Robson - I'm in Whitburn so if you fancy a run out on a Sunday, give me a shout

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Cool LizardEye... another time p'raps... looks like it might be just me... I'll wait a wee while at Dyke Neuk anyway, in case anyone changes their mind!

LizardEye said:
Sorry lads, I don't think I'll be able to make it on Saturday. Legs not quite up to it. I'll be up for it later in the month though, either the 62 mile route C or fnaars 80 odd, so hopefully can meet up sometime.

Fnaar, enjoy the fine weather, beautiful scenery but most of all those lovely hills.

addictfreak, Mark Robson - I'm in Whitburn so if you fancy a run out on a Sunday, give me a shout

Thanks for the invitation, unfortunately its back to work for me on Sunday.
I will probably be passing through Whitburn on Sunday on my way in, around 8am!

LizardEye

addictfreak said:
Lizardeye

Give me a wave if we pass on the road, I will either be on a black focus or a white scott but always wearing a white helmet. I am often up and down the coast.

Will do, you should be easy to spot :girl:

I'll either be on a yellow and black Defy looking knackered, or off-road on a blue Hardrock being chased by a brown dog!

Top Bottom