Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mark_Robson said:
How much do these stalls charge for bars and drinks? I hate carrying change when I'm cycling.

Nada. Nowt. Zilch. Nothing. :rolleyes: I presume it's accounted for in the entry fee. :thumbsup:

LizardEye

I didn't eat for two days after gorging myself on energy bars and bananas last time!

BUt then I couldn't walk for two days either :biggrin:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK then folks... going through the messages, I make it as follows for Sat 10th:

oakroyd (as far as F'burn Gt)
JezzaKool
LizardEye
Sam Kennedy
addictfreak

...and me. As mentioned before, I'll meet y'all at Dyke Neuk around 9.30 (give or take). Can one of you take the lead in arranging to meet in Ponteland? I can PM my mobile number to those definitely coming.
Looking forward to it! Hope the weather is kind.

LizardEye

I might be able to make it but as I said in my post, am a bit short on legs after a lazy winter.

If I do, I'll be doing the 64 miler, so turning off at Forestburngate.

I'll post here next week to confirm

Don't really know Ponteland for parking, but Tesco at Kingston Park is pretty close to the start at the Rugby ground, so might be a good alterative.

Fnaar said:
OK then folks... going through the messages, I make it as follows for Sat 10th:

oakroyd (as far as F'burn Gt)
JezzaKool
LizardEye
Sam Kennedy
addictfreak

...and me. As mentioned before, I'll meet y'all at Dyke Neuk around 9.30 (give or take). Can one of you take the lead in arranging to meet in Ponteland? I can PM my mobile number to those definitely coming.
Looking forward to it! Hope the weather is kind.

Im still only a 'maybe', due to work etc. Combined with a distinct lack of training, I may well join Lizardeye and turn off early.
The weeks are ticking by and im just not getting a chance to train on longer rides, 30 and 40 milers are not a problem. But time wise im struggling to to do any further.:smile:

Armegatron

The 63 mile one looks ok for me, might have to get some practice in though first.

SimonC

addictfreak said:
Im still only a 'maybe', due to work etc. Combined with a distinct lack of training, I may well join Lizardeye and turn off early.
The weeks are ticking by and im just not getting a chance to train on longer rides, 30 and 40 milers are not a problem. But time wise im struggling to to do any further.:biggrin:

I rode the 100 last year, got round in 5 1/2 hours and never rode over 50 miles, just make those 30-40mile rides proper training miles and you will be fine.

SimonC said:
I rode the 100 last year, got round in 5 1/2 hours and never rode over 50 miles, just make those 30-40mile rides proper training miles and you will be fine.

Fully intending to do the 104 on the day. Its just that an 80 mile training ride at the moment may be pushing it a little.
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks my work load will settle down, that comdined with improving weather should be enough to see the miles clock up.

Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison said:
Entries now up to 1034 for the 104ml ride (3 miles more than last year with another sneaky climb):wacko:
You are right that you can change on the day but don't want to make it too public as there could be a hell of a lot of bananas left at the top of Bilsmoor:ohmy:
Keep spreading the word and let's make this the biggest event in the UK and show those from the deep south how beautiful (and hilly) Northumberland really is and how traffic free our roads are all year round.
Hope everyone will turn out on the sunday to see the pros race up the Ryals four times:laugh:
223 places only left for Ride C so don't delay too long if you haven't already entered.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Had a go at the Ryals (going upwards, of course!) yesterday... I must be getting stronger, cos they weren't as bad as I remembered. :smile:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK folks, I might not be on here now for a few days, so I'll just confirm that I'll be at Dyke Neuk car park 9.30am Saturday morning. I'm going to do the 80-odd miler I mapped out earlier in the thread (the place I'll be at at 9.30 is roughly at mile 10). If anyone wants to join me for some or all of it, that'd be cool. Cheers!

Top Bottom