Norwich 100 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisS

I've ridden both the 50 and the 100. The 50 is like a two bar Kit Kat - it's over before you really get into it; I much preferred the 100.

The 100 is mostly flatter than a recently ironed flat thing, but you do get to enjoy Telegraph Hill out of Weybourne.

Take lots to drink. When I rode the 50, it was 35C!

I applied on line for it ages ago but still have not had the pack through. Is everyone else waiting too?

I think I will manage to have a 30 min rest half way round!

OP
OP
N

Newbee

Well I did my first 50 last weekend and it's 56 today. I have found the using uncooked jelly really good and the "make your own" isotonic drink is a big help :-). I haven't even applied for my pack yet, but it sounds like I have enough time.

shooter560

Newbee said:
Well I did my first 50 last weekend and it's 56 today. I have found the using uncooked jelly really good and the "make your own" isotonic drink is a big help :-). I haven't even applied for my pack yet, but it sounds like I have enough time.

Good on you for last weeks ride and your planned one this week :becool: I'd say you have loads of time to enter as packs still not been seen and organisers told me they are waiting on info to arrive from BHF before they can send them out.

Newbee said:

Newbee you put me to shame!
I was OK on a 56 mile last year but struggled with 20 miles today! I have only been out three times after a winter lay off (as i am a lazy git). I have booked Norwich to push me into getting out there.

I got fed up with the headwind today, I could only get to 8mph on the flat! Hope Norwich is not calm that day/

Got my Norwich pack through today!

I do not know the area but the expected Route seems quite different to last years which someone put on MapMyRide. If I have a minute I will try to put the route on there and bung a link from this thread if anyone is interested.
It runs clockwise, roughly it is directly out North-West to Reepham and then wiggle up to Hindringham. Swing east right along coast past Waxham Barn. Few miles south and it swings West to Coltishall and then turns South to home.

I have a 7.20 start and am number 322- Say hi if you see me in a ditch somewhere on the way.

I am staying overnight on Saturday and found Beeches Lodge Hotel also has a number of apartments in the town centre they let on a day basis. As start is too early for B&B full English, most will not cook before 8am on a Sunday, I have gone for the apartment which has kitchen so I can get Breakfast sorted.
80 days to go.... I am SO unfit

JonC

Child Aduse - my daughter, 10 yo at the Norwich 100 date wants to ride as stoker on tandem (honest) however the regs are...... so a comined bike rider age of 54 could be the answer or not?? Said daughter has happly done 84 miles with touring gear and 70+ in the linconshire wolds. Whats the thoughts. Banned on Health and Safety grounds!

microphonie

JonC said:
Child Aduse - my daughter, 10 yo at the Norwich 100 date wants to ride as stoker on tandem (honest) however the regs are...... so a comined bike rider age of 54 could be the answer or not?? Said daughter has happly done 84 miles with touring gear and 70+ in the linconshire wolds. Whats the thoughts. Banned on Health and Safety grounds!

Just turn up and do it anyway - they're public roads aren't they? The entry fee goes to the organisers, not the BHF so just turn up & give the cash directly to the BHF.

shooter560

Finally my pack arrived, I guess the T shirt will be made available on the day though no mention in the pack about it.

Start time 7am and in a Victor Meldrew voice saying 'I do not believe it' I've been given number 1, well I guess its time to start doing more and more miles.

JonC, as said just turn up and ride it anyway, everyone there will know you've done it, nothing stopping you doing it for charity or anything, you could alway shave someone else as stoker for the first 1/2 mile and meet to swap when you get back I don't think anyone will say anything at all.

Will1985

Über Member
shooter560 said:
Finally my pack arrived, I guess the T shirt will be made available on the day though no mention in the pack about it.

Start time 7am and in a Victor Meldrew voice saying 'I do not believe it' I've been given number 1, well I guess its time to start doing more and more miles.

I'd better fill in the entry form soon.... I also found out at the weekend that the easternmost part of East Midlands CiCle is 2 miles from where I am working at the moment, and its cyclosportif is the week after Norwich...do-able?!?! Perhaps...

OP
OP
N

Newbee

Training

Hi All,

Well I was getting out and about and building up my miles nicely, up to 62 miles three weeks ago. But the weather here lately has been really bad:sad: with loads of high winds. So I have bee struggling to get out for my longer rides.

Does anyone have any advise on what I can do re the really blustery weather we have been having ?

Many thanks

Stressed Cyclist

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Newbee said:
Does anyone have any advise on what I can do re the really blustery weather we have been having ?

Many thanks

Stressed Cyclist

Head down, grit teath, pedal harder :ohmy:

Top Bottom