Norwich 100 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
You can enter on the day, it's £19 (as opposed to £17). It's not a sportive though, they'd have to put in some decent organisation if it was.

£35 sportives have crap organisation too - just free food to soften the blow! My pockets are usually so full with cereal bars that I can no longer pedal properly!

colinr

That's good to know. Would be nice to have chip timing on it though, for the people that like to have an official time.
Parkrun manages that every week and it's a free (albeit sponsored by corporates) event.

e-rider

crappy member
That's good to know. Would be nice to have chip timing on it though, for the people that like to have an official time.
Parkrun manages that every week and it's a free (albeit sponsored by corporates) event.

the last sportive that I did a few weeks ago, the chip timing guy did a no show, which meant no chip timing and a 30 minute delay to start. Also, 2 toilets for 1000+ riders - all for £30!

Janeyb

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. I'm only doing the 50 as wanted to break myself in gently. Number 2134 - sporting a fetching White a lilac ensemble (black shorts though). Bike cleaned, lubed and ready to go. Bag packed. Can't wait. Have a good one!

Janeyb

Did the 50 in 3.29.30. Nor too shabby considering the headwind, bunches of cyclists to overtake and a very crook knee for the last 12 miles. Chuffed to bits. Well done all who rook part today. No doubt some of you 100 milers didn't take much longer than me!!!!

Boatman

Well done Janey good time. The wind while being strong also seemed to follow in front! I managed 6.12mins ride time + the stop at Sheringham. Hope the Mad Pensioner finished ok, met him on the start line.

Janeyb

Well done Boatman. Cracking time. I'll give you a run for your money on the 100 next year.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Well done all, I managed the 100 in 6:33, yeah the wind was literally a pain in the neck as I was bent down low for a bit of streamlining, now I've got a stiff neck :wacko:

I passed Mad Pensioner coming out of Reepham, I said hello but didn't hang about 'cos I was on a mission.

It seemed a very good turnout, there were masses at the halfway stop.

I shall sleep well tonight, beer and curry after a long ride :thumbsup:

colinr

I struggled round the 100 course with a time of 5 hours 47 minutes

What were you riding? I must've seen you at some point as I was near that time.
I was on a grey Orbea in a dashing Shutt VR signature sportive jersey.

e-rider

crappy member

What were you riding? I must've seen you at some point as I was near that time.
I was on a grey Orbea in a dashing Shutt VR signature sportive jersey.

My most noticable features were my baggy grey shorts and huge beer belly!

I was riding a Focus Cayo (Black, white and red)

Top Bottom