Norwich 100 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Went out today to get some miles in before the 100 next Sunday, 72 miles in atrocious flickin' wind :angry:

Averaged just over 14 mph but if next Sunday is as windy I'll be f****d :wacko:

e-rider

crappy member
the 5 day forecast predicts high winds on Friday! It's a circular route so a strong wind shouldn't be too bad - just make sure you're riding in a group during the headwind sections (and not on the front of said group)

Boatman

Which way did you go PBV? I did 58 on sat morning and was a tale of three thirds! Back lanes from Aylsham to Wells hard going, then flew to Cromer tail wind almost all the way. Then stiff wind from Cromer to Aylsham. When is this wind going to drop it's not pleasent and as I ride on my own I get no relief. Hope to meet you all next week.

tmcd35

Looking forward to this again this year, only 6 days left...

Did it last year just within the 10hrs. Would like to get closer to 9hrs this year but alas I've put hardly any training in. Been out the past couple of days and have been averaging about 11mph. Furthest distance so far this year was 50mile a week ago. Did 2x20 yesterday and the wind was killing me.

Any who, I'm #1138 this year so be sure to wave as you fly past me...

e-rider

crappy member
Looking forward to this again this year, only 6 days left...

Did it last year just within the 10hrs. Would like to get closer to 9hrs this year but alas I've put hardly any training in. Been out the past couple of days and have been averaging about 11mph. Furthest distance so far this year was 50mile a week ago. Did 2x20 yesterday and the wind was killing me.

Any who, I'm #1138 this year so be sure to wave as you fly past me...

10 hours sat on a bike must get uncomfortable? My main motivation to get round close to 6 hours is so that I can get off the bike. I like cycling (a lot) but not for more than 6 hours in one go!

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Which way did you go PBV? I did 58 on sat morning and was a tale of three thirds! Back lanes from Aylsham to Wells hard going, then flew to Cromer tail wind almost all the way. Then stiff wind from Cromer to Aylsham. When is this wind going to drop it's not pleasent and as I ride on my own I get no relief. Hope to meet you all next week.

Well, we went from mine, thro' Acle, Stokesby, Ormesby, Caister, Yarm, Belton, St. Olaves, Haddiscoe, Geldeston, Loddon, Surlingham, Bixley, Arminghall, Trowse, then home.

Not too bad to Ormesby, then turning south it was in our faces 'til Geldeston, sideswiped up 'til Loddon, in our faces again 'til Arminghall then it was in fact a nice easy ride home thro' the city (not up Harvey Lane tho'!):blush:

I'll be looking out for any CC'ers on Sunday, as I've no CC jersey etc. I'll put CycleChat on my number.:thumbsup:

Perhaps if it is windy we'll have to form a wind cheating peleton and take turns on the front :laugh:

colinr

My CC jersey is long sleeved (bad choice in retrospect) so wether I wear it depends on the weather. Did a test 100 today, had tailwinds for most of it so quite a nice ride. The coast road wasn't as bad as I remember, am optimistically aiming for sub 5h30.

e-rider

crappy member
strong winds forecast for Saturday now!

stuwie

Im No # 913 the short fat guy sporting a lovely Katiowa Jersey & Gloves so I can feel like a pro for the day :wacko: "Not"

Not looking forward to the climb up West Runton :angry:

Top Bottom