Norwich 100 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camgreen

Stick to riding with the BBC weather; it's a south-westerly and a couple of degrees warmer
biggrin.gif

tmcd35

Im No # 913 the short fat guy sporting a lovely Katiowa Jersey & Gloves so I can feel like a pro for the day :wacko: "Not"

Not looking forward to the climb up West Runton :angry:

I remember worrying about West Runton last year but I found it surprisingly easy. I remember finding the ride out of Cromer towards Overstrand harder. Also Hoverton to Coltishall is punishing, especially with a good 85miles behind you.

Boatman

My worst hill is outside Muckleburgh collection but I think it's easier going towards Cromer steep but shorter. Or am I dreaming this, hope not. As for weather forecast it depends which one you believe. Overstrand way the road surface is not great very bumpy and just been chipped.

I'm doing the Norwich 100 on Sunday will be my longest distance to date done a couple of 80 mile sportives, getting nervous of all this talk of strong winds :sad: number 1484 aiming for 7 hrs ish fingers crossed. Anyone know the nearest place to park?

e-rider

crappy member
I'm doing the Norwich 100 on Sunday will be my longest distance to date done a couple of 80 mile sportives, getting nervous of all this talk of strong winds :sad: number 1484 aiming for 7 hrs ish fingers crossed. Anyone know the nearest place to park?

there are a number of multi-stories nearby some of which have a reduced day rate. If you have bikes on the roof watch out though when you enter the car park!!! The inner city residential areas are nearly all residence permits - not sure if Sunday counts though.

Sadly I will be transporting my bike on my new roof cycle carriers so will have to leave the missus guarding my bike whilst I park :smile: see you all there fingers crossed for a good ride
there are a number of multi-stories nearby some of which have a reduced day rate. If you have bikes on the roof watch out though when you enter the car park!!! The inner city residential areas are nearly all residence permits - not sure if Sunday counts though.

Boatman

Snowman you could try pay and display near the Adam & Eve pub. Go down Palace street from the cathedral then right into St Martins Plain. Hope I have this right! If it's still pay and display I don't think there's a height restriction.

boselecta

Good luck to all entering the Norwich 50/100

Gutted I didn't enter now, think it would have been a good way to pop my sportive cherry !!

Didn't think I would be able to do the 50miles and feel very conscious of competing with so many people, started cycling properly 3 months ago and now have been well and truly bitten!! Furthest I have ridden in one go is 33miles in 2hrs 12mins and am now ready to go for the 50mile will enter the Norwich 50 next year for certain

colinr

You can enter on the day, it's £19 (as opposed to £17). It's not a sportive though, they'd have to put in some decent organisation if it was.

Camgreen

You can enter on the day, it's £19 (as opposed to £17). It's not a sportive though, they'd have to put in some decent organisation if it was.

Heresy in some circles; common-sense in others, but you could even join the massed throng regardless .... and pop that entry fee into one of the charity buckets of course
thumbsup.png

tmcd35

Heresy in some circles; common-sense in others, but you could even join the massed throng regardless .... and pop that entry fee into one of the charity buckets of course
thumbsup.png

You could, but then you don't get the medal and certificate at the end which you need when explaining to family and friends that you actually did something as silly as ride 100miles :biggrin:

Top Bottom