Norwich 100 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonC

Tundragumski - come and ride Cyclocross Sept - Feb its a great way of keeping fit. Google eastern cross league - you can use your MTB and the suffering is only 1 hour! Wel done for getting round.

Will1985

Über Member
This is me in the Close after 100 miles, flying the flag for CycleChat. Some people did ask me about it as well, so perhaps we'll see them joining soon!

2566660983_34a0e73632.jpg

Did anyone see the photographer in a layby somewhere between Reepham and the coast taking pictures?

EDIT: Can I make the picture show here instead of the link without shrinking it to upload it?

I was cycling up the coast from Gt Yarmouth to Cromer and saw everyone cycling the other way.

Looked a good ride to be on - esp with the weather. Great signage and support.

I thought it was on the Sat(silly me!) and if had realised it was on the Sunday would have entered (Sat was out as I'd cycled 175 miles from Derby on the Friday !).

Next year.

Nialls

hello there,

Just looking for a few pointers really. just started biking this year biking to work etc. only doing about 15 miles a week and really enjoying it. used to be fit but put on few pounds now and looked at doing the Norwich 100miler and wondering if I would make it round as its in 5 weeks!! I completed 45miles in 2hrs 45mins on Friday this is my first long ride and felt like I was gona die when get back but after half hour was fine and fine today.

so am I going to make it??

Any training/dietary tips wanted.

e-rider

crappy member
it sounds like you can get fit enough within 5 weeks; I'm in a simialr position. Don't go crazy for weight loss but losing a little bit before the event would help. I'm aiming for about 6 hours. I did 70 miles yesterday and felt pretty bad at the end!

Boatman

Hi all
I am giving the 100 ago this year. My number is 149, think i've made a boob should have put 7 hours instead of 6. Did my first 100 two weeks ago in a ride time of 6hrs 11 mins plus 3 stops totalling about 20 mins. Do you count stops or just ride time?.
Also looking for company on weekend rides, live between Norwich and Cromer.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Excellent, I've been waiting for a thread for this year's 100 to start.

Hi Nialls, sounds like you're gonna be getting some miles in before the event, don't go blowing a gasket before the event tho':tongue:

I've signed up for the 100 this year (no.761), I did the 50 last year. Managed to do 105 miles at the end of last year and have been getting in the miles now,with a 60 a few weeks ago.

I'm no ball's out racer, just like to pace myself to ensure I get round in a respectable time, I'm down for 8hrs and hope to better that :thumbsup:

Keep us all up to date and good luck to any other CC'ers doing it too :bicycle:

Janeyb

Doing the 50 this year - furthest I've ever ridden is 42 miles and this is my first ever organised ride of any description. Wasn't brave enough for the 100 just yet but plan to up the mileage throughout the year and tackle it next year for sure. Good luck all.

colinr

#138, 7 o'clock start for the 100. Have done no rides about 35 miles this year, 100 might be a shock
whistling.gif

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Has anyone done the 100 before? I was wondering what grub was available at the halfway stop.

It'll save me having to cart my lunch around with me if I can stuff my face at the stop :thumbsup:

colinr

Last time it was sandwiches and such. I plan to eat gels and mars bars, both of which can be transported on my person.

e-rider

crappy member
never stopped for lunch before; never bother joining the long queue to get checked in and out either - what's the point, nobody checks anyway and all they do is write a time on the card - you could do that yourself!

colinr

One of the other forums suggested a nice cafe about 10 miles on from the checkpoint if you fancy stopping. I'll stay long enough to refill water if necessary, otherwise it'll be a brief stretch of the legs and onwards.

e-rider

crappy member
only a week away now - apart from the Suffolk 100 (miles) I've done very little training during the last month so I'll be aiming for a modest 6 to 6 1/4 hours. I'm hoping to fit in 60 miles out to Weybourne on Wednesday - been working way too much in recent weeks so deserve some time off on Wednesday!

Top Bottom