Norwich 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
colinr said:
Tis a shame. Your Father will sail through the 50 from what I remember!

It's probably too early for many of the 100 riders to be back yet - "sailing" was probably the right word though Colin - he did the 50 in 2:32 from an 08:30 start which meant the first 10 miles were slower with all the bike traffic.

colinr

Left at 7.10, got in about half 2 - ride time just over 6 hours. I think I could've been quicker but was riding sociably at a leisurely pace :smile: Except the last ten miles that I hammered.

colinr

The coastal section was mostly into a headwind and featured a small amount of very cold rain. Not the finest point of the route! Did get a decent tailwind out and back though.

The compulsory stop was a shambles, one person doing check-in times in a narrow corridor. There was also another 'cyclists must stop' bit, where it turned out there was no point in stopping whatsoever.

colinr

Very well done! I'm sure I've a 5h30 in me but don't think I could push hard enough to get under 5.

Boatman

Tired but happy

Well done all of you, don't think I could have done the 100 yet. Really pleased I finally beat 3hrs finished in 2hrs 54 and gained an extra £5!Never ridden with with other riders before and felt it gave me extra impetus.

tmcd35

Erm, 9hrs 20! (and I'm very pleased with that!).

Got to Sherringham in around 3hr 30, thought I was on for a under 8hr time which considering I signed for 10hrs I'd have been estactic with, but alas wasn't to be. The stop at Sheringham took my mojo away and it was a struggle the rest of the way.

Didn't rain at all until Coltishall and then boy did the heavens open. But that point I was riding along casting rain spells so was overjoyed they worked :smile:

OP
OP
R

rothair

That was my first organised ride. In fact it was the first time I have ever ridden 100 miles. Previous best 72. Only got my road bike in february. So pretty happy with 6hrs 48mins - 2.50 on the way out, Struggled slightly with the wind and rain on the way back.

In surprisingly good shape after it. Knackered now - but know I've been bitten by the bug.

Well done to all who took part! Majority of it was well run with the exception of the shambles at Sheringham. Standing in a q for 10 minutes it not what you need after 46 miles in a saddle.

Top Bottom