Norwich 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camgreen

colinr said:
I hope that's wrong too but I intend to be finished long before evening.

I have my entry pack and can't work out how I'm meant to attach the number to me. It's made of strange paper that suggests a method other than using tape, is this the case?

If you want to hang to your number for the duration of the ride you could always try laminating it? ...... Either way a couple of small safety pins should do the job of fixing it to your shirt.

Did the 50 last year, the longest ride I'd attempted up to that point, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind giving the 100 a go .... maybe next year.

colinr

What start times are you other 100ers on? I'll try to say hi if possible, I'll be short, in the 7.10 slot, riding a grey/black Orbea. But not in a CC jersey.

e-rider

crappy member
colinr said:
What start times are you other 100ers on? I'll try to say hi if possible, I'll be short, in the 7.10 slot, riding a grey/black Orbea. But not in a CC jersey.

I ignore my start time and always do the mass start at 7am.

It did say in the info pack that the start time was just a guide and you can start whenever you like (I know on the card it tells you to stick to your given time) Nobody checks (not in the last 4 years) so I would start at a time most convenient to yourself.

e-rider

crappy member
It's the same with the 30 minutes (now 20 minute) break at the mid-point.

There is someone there who, if you want, will write the time you check-in and check-out on your card.

They do not check to see how long you've been there, they just write a time.

You even have to queue up to get it done, and nobody ever looks at the soggy bit of card in your pocket again.

It's just to cover the organisers with health and safety rules. If you don't want to stop for 20 minutes then don't is my advice. It's hardly a serious crime!

It is definitely a good experience to start at 7am with everyone else and getting the countdown. I would imagine that turning up at say 7:15 and starting with 3 other riders just isn't quite the same!

tmcd35

tundragumski said:
I ignore my start time and always do the mass start at 7am.

It did say in the info pack that the start time was just a guide and you can start whenever you like (I know on the card it tells you to stick to your given time) Nobody checks (not in the last 4 years) so I would start at a time most convenient to yourself.

That's good to know. Mass start at 7 it is then, an extra 40mins. to complete it in, can't be bad :biggrin:

maddog.mark

Think I'll try and make the mass start at 7. Haven't registered so will have to make an early start to get there in time.
Weather forcast is looking much better (ok I looked at some other sites) so it looks like the 100 for me.

Will1985

Über Member
I'm out sadly - got an enforced 4-6 weeks off the bike :biggrin: Trying to persuade my father to do the 50 so I still hope to be hanging around at the start.

colinr

I'm out sadly - got an enforced 4-6 weeks off the bike Trying to persuade my father to do the 50 so I still hope to be hanging around at the start.

Tis a shame. Your Father will sail through the 50 from what I remember!

maddog.mark

Will1985 said:
I'm out sadly - got an enforced 4-6 weeks off the bike ;) Trying to persuade my father to do the 50 so I still hope to be hanging around at the start.

Doesn't sound good, hope what ever is keeping you off your bike sorts itself out soon.

rb58

Enigma
We are probably not gong to be there until about 7.30am, so whatever time we get (packs haven't arrived yet) won't make any difference as we'll be starting towards 8.00am. Could get lonely at the back!

e-rider

crappy member
rb58 said:
We are probably not gong to be there until about 7.30am, so whatever time we get (packs haven't arrived yet) won't make any difference as we'll be starting towards 8.00am. Could get lonely at the back!

True, but once you get to the check-in at 50 miles (ish) you'll see loads of people as they tend to hang about longer than required eating cake and drinking tea. I usually stay for the 20 mins and then I'm off.

Got out of bed today with headache and sore throat which isn't good 3 days before the event. Riding 100 miles with a cold might not be the best idea.

tmcd35

rb58 said:
Could get lonely at the back!

Not that lonely. Say hi as you pass, or hang back for slow ride to the finish ;)

tundragumski said:
Got out of bed today with headache and sore throat which isn't good 3 days before the event. Riding 100 miles with a cold might not be the best idea.

Must be going around the area! I've had the sniffles the past couple of days. Got major sunburn on me legs as well so got to sweat the ride out in tracksuite bottoms instead of shorts, gonna be a fun ton!

Top Bottom