Norwich 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maddog.mark

colinr said:
Entry pack says the stop is in Sheringham but doesn't give any details beyond that. Forecast is currently good, if it's horrible I may consider my entry fee a donation and stay in bed.

Thats why I didn't pre register. :tongue:

Interesting that they've changed the stop, but have just realised that West Runton is after Sheringham so that climb may still be on the route! Went up it yesterday so I should have remembered before posting.

e-rider

crappy member
the route sounds very much like the 2009 route, so slightly different to 2008.

e-rider

crappy member
colinr said:
Ignore that, I can squeeze a 750ml on and stick a 500ml in my jersey. The weather just has to promise not to get too hot.

What's the best way to attach my rider number? I've never partaken in such formalities before.

not sure about 500mL in the jersey pocket - that isn't going to be comfortable after 60 miles! Gels are good along with energy bars. Have a good breakfast (if you like eating at 6am) and then perhaps a gel after 25 miles. Have a good munch at the mid-point and whenever needed after that.

maddog.mark

When I did it 2008 we went from Reepham to Hindringham and picked up the coast road at Morston, is that the same this time? Sorry so many questions.

Just looked at the weather forecast, it says the wind speed in the afternoon is going to be 32 mph gusting 38.... the 50 looks much more appealing all of a sudden!

OP
OP
R

rothair

Sun 6 Jun

1:00 3:59 14 °c 13 °c 7 mph 8 mph
4:00 6:59 15 °c 15 °c 7 mph 9 mph
7:00 9:59 18 °c 19 °c 5 mph 6 mph
10:00 12:59 20 °c 20 °c 6 mph 8 mph
13:00 15:59 20 °c 20 °c 6 mph 8 mph
16:00 18:59 20 °c 19 °c 11 mph 13 mph
19:00 21:59 19 °c 16 °c 11 mph 13 mph
22:00 0:59 15 °c 14 °c 10 mph 12 mph

maddog.mark

Amazing how different the short term forcasts are isn't it. I'll wait till later in the week and see if they get closer together. There's a low out in the Atlantic that will bring some strong winds, hopefully it'll stay away until Monday.

rb58

Enigma
Three or four of us are coming up from Kent for this. I've never cycled in Norfolk before (I'm used to Kent and Surrey hills), so I'm hoping there won't be anything too bad. Metcheck says rain in the afternoon, with a wind strengthening to 29mph by the evening. I do hope they're wrong!

colinr

I hope that's wrong too but I intend to be finished long before evening.

I have my entry pack and can't work out how I'm meant to attach the number to me. It's made of strange paper that suggests a method other than using tape, is this the case?

tmcd35

I did the Tour-de-Tendring the other week which is also run by the same people, Bike Events. I used four small safety pins to attach the number to the supplied T-Shirt.

e-rider

crappy member
At the moment it's a max temp. of 23 degrees and light winds from the NW - perfect weather for it - let's hope the forcasters get it correct.

edit: already changed to max of 21

e-rider

crappy member
If the route is exactly the same as last year; the half-way stop is actually at 45 miles.

I always find the first 5 miles after the stop to be hard work; but I enjoy the rest stop too! The break also has a tendancy to break up riding groups especially if you don'y know the other riders. I often roll-in with a group and leave on my own ;-(

Waxham barn was not an official stop last year. Which is good news if you need to refill your bottles (after 75 miles) as there is no waiting about for 10 minutes to get served; like at the official stops - good tip I'd say.

Top Bottom