Norwich 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Doing this for the 1st time, but on a probably totally unsuitable bike.
Advice, please - Brompton or modified-to-be-commute-friendly MTB?
In the Brompton's favour - it's just come back from a successful mini-tour of Scotland through some atrocious weather and road conditions.
Or shall I just beg, borrow or steal a road bike?
How hilly is the route - I know that coast road goes up and down a bit.

e-rider

crappy member
I did it last year (and 2 times before that) on a modified MTB with road slicks. Clocked a time last year of 5:50 mins.

I would go for the bike that's: light, comfortable and has decent narrow road tyres that can run high pressures.

However, this year I'll be using my new road bike which should make it easier and faster; just hope it's comfortable for 100 miles!

colinr

I'm very confident that I will not be comfortable after 100 miles. Still not decided if I'm doing this, there was some talk of doing it fixed but I'll have to wake up feeling pretty spritely to go for that!

e-rider

crappy member
I have 2 friends that both live in Norwich that are considering doing it single speed (1 fixed the other free); but they are both unsure. I could PM you their e-mail addresses if the 3 of you want to discuss it further.

tmcd35

I'm down for a 7:45AM start and have signed up for the 10hour run, should make it. I did 50 miles in 4.5hrs last Sunday. Looking forward to it.

The ride out to Reepham is actually my main training route (I live pretty close to the city center and Reepham Road is less than 2min bike ride away). so I'm pretty used to that stretch. I may take a couple of rides past Reepham of the next couple of weeks to stretch the ol' legs and prepare a bit more :evil:

Will1985

Über Member
I've been put in the 07:10 group but I'll try to hop in the 07:00 group otherwise I'm going to be pushing hard all the way to Sheringham to catch the fast group :tongue:

colinr

I have 2 friends that both live in Norwich that are considering doing it single speed (1 fixed the other free); but they are both unsure. I could PM you their e-mail addresses if the 3 of you want to discuss it further

A few of the Norwich lot on LFGSS are doing it, but on reflection I think I'd rather stick with gears and enter the 6 hour group. Will see how I feel when I get back from holiday, a week off the bike in lieu of alcohol may convince me I don't really want to do it :sad:

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Helly79 said:
I did the 50 last year hopefully will be doing it again this year

On your own, without your hubby :sad:

tmcd35

colinr said:
Gave in and signed up for the 100 in 6 hours. How hard can it be in Norfolk? :biggrin:

Good luck! My calculator says thats and average of 18.1mph with the half hour at the half way mark as the only break.

Say hi has you over take me. I'll be plodding a long at around 12mph, or taking 5 at every checkpoint I make it to :biggrin:

Boatman

Not enough miles to do 100 so have signed up for the 50. No 2404 if anyone passes me give a wave. Hope the weathers like this morning, rode from Cromer to Wells and then back through the lanes.

Top Bottom