Norwich 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was a late entrant, thanks to the push by Will1985 over breakfast at 0730 this morning... he met an emergency surgeon 4 days ago and could not enter the 100 as planned. So I did the 50 in 2h 31m, and feel quite pleased.

The complete lack of water at the refreshment stops was frankly pathetic but it was otherwise very well signed and marshalled.

Well done all of you

tmcd35

Espresso vecchio said:
The complete lack of water at the refreshment stops was frankly pathetic but it was otherwise very well signed and marshalled.

You know I've done three or four of these challenge rides now (this year, not 3/4 Norwich 100's, anywho...) and I've not yet used any of the laid on refreshments, in fact I must admit I don't really expect it.

I tend to carry all the food and water I need for the ride on the bike. Probably accounts a little towards the slow time as my already heavy hybrid is ladden down with a couple of full bags, rack, mudguards etc.

I need a proper road bike and a mug with a car to run support :evil:

rb58

Enigma
We started late, and did the 100 in 5 hours 53, Quite pleased with that, although the thunderstorm arrived with 3 miles to go and I got absolutely soaked.

colinr

Anyone doing the Essex Castle 75? or the GNBR 75 in 2 weeks?

Can't do either of those dates. Shame, I quite liked doing a big organised ride.

Don't suppose anyone has route map that survived the trip and wants to plot it out on {route website of your choice}? Wouldn't mind doing the route again sometime but my map was mushed with sweat and rain by the end.

tmcd35

Don't know, may be up for the Essex Castle ride on the 17 July. Got a 75 miler in Essex next Sunday so I'll probably decide how I feel after doing that.

colinr said:
Don't suppose anyone has route map that survived the trip and wants to plot it out on {route website of your choice}? Wouldn't mind doing the route again sometime but my map was mushed with sweat and rain by the end.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/norwich/255127592835050510

Will1985

Über Member
colinr said:
Can't do either of those dates. Shame, I quite liked doing a big organised ride.

I've got the 100 route from last year's ride (pretty much the same apart from the first mile), and 50 from yesterday as tcx files.

maddog.mark

colinr - I think the link you posted is broken as I get a page not found error, hopefully the one below works.

The 100 route is here.

I missed the little detour at Hindringham for the stop, but couldn't be bothered to plot it again.

Top Bottom