Nostalgia......what one thing would you buy again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Ahhh the memories......I have been day dreaming today....looking back on things I used to own or have done.
My holiday in Gran Canaria with my ex.....was fantastic.

Toys and games I had as a kid.....
previous cars Ive owned.....

If you could buy back just one thing you've had beit a car, holiday, gift etc etc....what would it be?

I think mine would be a Toyota MR2 mk1 I owned....in stunning condition....I sold it for way less than I should have done....I really miss it...:?:

bobg

Über Member
1949 MG "Y" Bought for £99 in 1966 and sold for £50

Rover 75

Golf GTI Mark I

2 weeks catching crabs in Southwold when the kids were young

Dirty weekend in Jaywick with Mrs BG ( who caught ringworm on her face ... best not relive that bit! - or the bit where her Mum found out!! )

First uniform with 2 rings on the sleeve

Not in that order:biggrin: So many occasions... so many things, that had me deep in thought...... thank you....:?:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i had an old carbon steel nishiki road bike that i bought for $50cdn and bought back over. it got some ott upgrades such as look pedals and cinelli bars and stem, but ended up getting left in the shed when we moved house (having been neglected for many years :?:smile:.

would have made a good hack bike.

bobg

Über Member
Just been nostalgasizing some more and remembered the straight stay Hetchins that got nicked from outside my office ... :?::angry:xx( all over again!!

Maz

Guru
Evel Knievel knuckle-scraping wind-up stunt motorbike.
evel.jpg

Melvil

My pro BMX flatland-esque bike I had when I was a nipper, around when I was 8-10 I think. I loved that bike and used to do long rides on it when I got bored of doing tricks. I don't know what happened to it but I'd love to have it back - (and, let's face it, I'd look a bit of a pratt buying one now).

My first Citroen 2CV, with multicoloured panels, cutaway wings and doors, mud tyres and the spare wheel mounted on the bonnet. It looked (and went off road) like a little Land Rover. Took me all over the country, and bits of Europe, in the early 1990s.
Mind you, as my signature shows I don't go in for nostalgia much!

wafflycat

Hmm....

Possibly the car I passed my driving test in, although technically it wouldn't be a re-purchase as it was owned by my dad. But it does have sentimental value.

Edit: going right back to childhood...
A Tressy doll..

red_tom

Bikes - My Eddy Merckx track bike that I sold two years ago to some guy in the States. I could get twice as much from some Shoreditch numpty today. :evil:

150503990_5dc8f5fdc3_o.jpg

col

Legendary Member
Anyone remember those canockers?Two rock hard balls on each end of some string,and when you got em going fast,bouncing up and down fast while holding on to the middle of the string,they went haywire and nearly broke your wrists.

Maz

Guru
col said:
Anyone remember those canockers?Two rock hard balls on each end of some string,and when you got em going fast,bouncing up and down fast while holding on to the middle of the string,they went haywire and nearly broke your wrists.
I do. My older sister had some canockers [ooo...err]. The modern-day versions have plastic sticks joining the handle to the 2 balls, but where's the skill in that?

and, yes, the old version really hurt your hand if you didnt get it right.

Top Bottom