1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nostalgia......what one thing would you buy again?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by stevenb, 24 Mar 2008.

1. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Ahhh the memories......I have been day dreaming today....looking back on things I used to own or have done.
    My holiday in Gran Canaria with my ex.....was fantastic.

Toys and games I had as a kid.....
    previous cars Ive owned.....

If you could buy back just one thing you've had beit a car, holiday, gift etc etc....what would it be?

I think mine would be a Toyota MR2 mk1 I owned....in stunning condition....I sold it for way less than I should have done....I really miss it...:?:

2. bobg

bobg Über Member

1949 MG "Y" Bought for £99 in 1966 and sold for £50

Rover 75

Golf GTI Mark I

2 weeks catching crabs in Southwold when the kids were young

Dirty weekend in Jaywick with Mrs BG ( who caught ringworm on her face ... best not relive that bit! - or the bit where her Mum found out!! )

First uniform with 2 rings on the sleeve

Not in that order:biggrin: So many occasions... so many things, that had me deep in thought...... thank you....:?:

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i had an old carbon steel nishiki road bike that i bought for $50cdn and bought back over. it got some ott upgrades such as look pedals and cinelli bars and stem, but ended up getting left in the shed when we moved house (having been neglected for many years :?:smile:.

would have made a good hack bike.

4. bobg

bobg Über Member

Just been nostalgasizing some more and remembered the straight stay Hetchins that got nicked from outside my office ... :?::angry:xx( all over again!!

5. Maz

Maz Guru

Evel Knievel knuckle-scraping wind-up stunt motorbike.
    evel.jpg

6. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

My pro BMX flatland-esque bike I had when I was a nipper, around when I was 8-10 I think. I loved that bike and used to do long rides on it when I got bored of doing tricks. I don't know what happened to it but I'd love to have it back - (and, let's face it, I'd look a bit of a pratt buying one now).

7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

The phone number of a leggy blonde I wrote on the back of a fag packet in The Red Lion in Ilford in about 1971.

I got pissed and lost the bloody thing.

8. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Trouble with nostalgia is...it a'int what it used to be!:?:

9. My first Citroen 2CV, with multicoloured panels, cutaway wings and doors, mud tyres and the spare wheel mounted on the bonnet. It looked (and went off road) like a little Land Rover. Took me all over the country, and bits of Europe, in the early 1990s.
    Mind you, as my signature shows I don't go in for nostalgia much!

10. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Hmm....

Possibly the car I passed my driving test in, although technically it wouldn't be a re-purchase as it was owned by my dad. But it does have sentimental value.

Edit: going right back to childhood...
    A Tressy doll..

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Car -the 1500 Spitfire (with overdrive)

toy -my Vertibird

12. red_tom

red_tom New Member

Bikes - My Eddy Merckx track bike that I sold two years ago to some guy in the States. I could get twice as much from some Shoreditch numpty today. :evil:

150503990_5dc8f5fdc3_o.jpg

13. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

2nd generation rubik's cube

14. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I got one for sale if you want it mate.....I even have a proper solving guide that actually works!:evil:

15. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

When I was in junior school I used to charge 50p to do classmates' rubiks cubes for them. Then they'd go home and claim that they'd mastered the thing.