Nostalgia......what one thing would you buy again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
stevenb said:
Im buying a Scalextric set.......not new....one off ebay amongst the many on there.
Ive seen a set I used to have years back....will be good to have it again.....:biggrin:

A mate of mine offered me a set,but it was one of those massive sets,the box was the size of a small two seater settee,when he was moving house a year ago,im kicking myself now,i wish id took him up on his offer,but it seemed too big at the time.

Milo

Guru
My intercity train set.

wafflycat

I wouldn't mind having the bike I learnt to ride without stabilsers on. It was a deliciously lovely red & white Triang bike. Red frame, white saddle, white-wall tyres...

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

col said:
A mate of mine offered me a set,but it was one of those massive sets,the box was the size of a small two seater settee,when he was moving house a year ago,im kicking myself now,i wish id took him up on his offer,but it seemed too big at the time.

There are a couple of large sets on ebay....Including the biggest oroiginal set of them all....the 4 lane world championship set....but that costs a bit even 2nd hand.
These days its digital sets that are big.
Jadlam racing do a Scalextric digital set for £950.:becool:

Disgruntled Goat said:
To be sang in a Cornish accent:

"Oooooooooh, Your Matey's a bottle of fun
You put's me in the baaath
I'm loved by everyone
I'm always a bit of a laugh"

There was a second verse to this with somthing like
"I clean the bath as well" in it, anyone remember?

When I had it 40 years ago it was always in a sailor shape plastic bottle.

When plastic cordial bottles came out, does anyone remember the advert with the bottle bouncing along the road next to happy housewife? My mum seemed to believe the ad and tried it. Of course the bottle split in two and I had no orange for a week. :biggrin:

As we are on CC anyone out there lusting over a Chopper from their youth? :becool:

I found the matey ad on Youtube...

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wFZzk6O-Uiw

:becool::biggrin::biggrin:

simonali

Guru
Nestle re-released the Texan a while back and then did away with it again. Bastids! :cry:

As for the subject matter, I have owned plenty of things that I wish I'd not bought, but I'm happier owning new fings than thinking about my old ones.

col

Legendary Member
As a kid at christmas,we always got some brut spray and splash on,i got a wiff of some the other day,took me back instantly. Splash it all over enry

Top Bottom