Nostalgia......what one thing would you buy again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Jarse

If I could find my old RD 350 YPVS in the condition I sold it I'd jump at the chance to have it back, I stupidly didn't realise it's true value and px it for a mint FZR 400RR, regretted it ever since, still kept most of my toys from my youth and now my kids (and me) still get to play with them all.

Hugh Jarse said:
If I could find my old RD 350 YPVS in the condition I sold it I'd jump at the chance to have it back, I stupidly didn't realise it's true value and px it for a mint FZR 400RR, regretted it ever since, still kept most of my toys from my youth and now my kids (and me) still get to play with them all.

:biggrin:

And how often did it need a re-bore or a de-coke or new reed valves - nostalgia does funny things to the memory you know :evil:

Hugh Jarse

I was pretty lucky with my elsie and I learnt my way around a 2 stroke engine on an old ns 125 just remembered all the epic midnight runs with a mate on his tzr and me on the ns, finishing work then riding to box hill for the hell of it....... oh to be 18 again...

Maz

Guru
wafflycat said:
Oh yes!

And some "It's frothy, man!" Cresta pop.

And a "Big One" the thing that had the ad tag line, "Big One, sticks out a mile!"

:evil:
I remember Cresta Pop (the bear with the shades), but what was a Big One? I'm guessing chocolate?

Arch

Married to Night Train
"A man's gotta chew what a man's gotta chew"

Anyone?

Happy Eater Steak?:evil:

Dunno what thing I'd buy again. I loved my Mini, but in retrospect, I'd have bought a manual, not an automatic. And I came damn near buying an Action Man last year when I discovered they'd re-launched the originals. I saved for ages to buy one - £10, in the mid seventies, on 50p a week pocket money, IIRC.

If I could buy time again, or people, that would be different....

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Arch said:
Happy Eater Steak?;)

Dunno what thing I'd buy again. I loved my Mini, but in retrospect, I'd have bought a manual, not an automatic. And I came damn near buying an Action Man last year when I discovered they'd re-launched the originals. I saved for ages to buy one - £10, in the mid seventies, on 50p a week pocket money, IIRC.

If I could buy time again, or people, that would be different....
1st Action Man was 21/6d, I had to save 10/6d... out of a shilling a week !! {Yorkshire hat}Eh ? The kids today don't know they're born !!{/Yorkshire hat}

That fag packet that fell out of some drunks pocket back in '71. It had the phone number of a very tasty long legged blonde on it !!

Top Bottom