Not a Christmas Night Ride to Bognor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
I just walked a mile or so, to and from Sainsburys on my way home. It was a bit brisk, but not too cold yet. There isn't any sign of the bright moon we've had for the last few nights, so I'm guessing there's a bit of cloud cover, which should help keep the temperature up.

Have a good ride and wrap up warm, it's already very cold out there tonight.

+ 1 , enjoy and take it easy gents

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ive just been outside again... Do we needs our heads checked or sumthink as its fu***ng freezing!!

Got clear skies were i am so maybe thats the difference but i think vodka will be going in to my water bottle as water will freeze.

Cya ya all at hpc, but if its that cold ill be seriously considering turning around, am not that brave..

I have just arrived from 'Centreville'. It is a bit flipping chilly out there! Zero degrees centigrade showing on my guideline thermometer (I keep it in the fridge for safety), and the gritting lorry passed me by, sprinkling my shoes and wheels. OK I was in shorts but my guideline is; cold fingertips all the way and ears not that warm, ergo 'It's cold'.

So - "Disciples of Dodo"...drive carefully. And PS to Big Mart - Shooters Hill Road is closed in both directions edit*between Prince Charles Road and Lewisham Road* if it makes a difference to you - just heard it on the news.

I will now repair to a large glass of XO and wish you all well.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cya ya all at hpc, but if its that cold ill be seriously considering turning around, am not that brave..

You'd better not flipping bail!! You're cycling back tomorrow!

So - "Disciples of Dodo"...drive carefully. And PS to Big Mart - Shooters Hill Road is closed in both directions edit*between Prince Charles Road and Lewisham Road* if it makes a difference to you - just heard it on the news.

Cheers Teef, it makes a big difference, I'll keep my eye on it to see if anything changes.

Puut your head between your thighs and squeeze hard, Davy. I'm just going to slip into my lovely electrically heated bed now and peruse Evelyn
Waugh for a while...after my tea and a biscuit, probably. And nice warm pyjama type clothes.,,ready for an early morning and relaxing pot or two of coffee... :rolleyes: :smile:

*Forgot* Temperature has now risen 2.1 degrees C since I last commented on it being zero etc...so, not too bad.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Will miss you all, dear friends.

Have a great ride. I'll be down that way in a few months to thaw out any who are left roadside. Don't worry. The cold will take the pain away once its taken your fingers and toes.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Update: we're at Pease Pottage. Contretemps with an idiot in Mitcham who turned straight into the lead man's path. Guess who? Just a bit of skin off my wrist, nothing more, thankfully. Davy suffering a bit, but spirits high and otherwise going well. No ice nor frost.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Morning! Am at Crawley awaiting the train home. Decieded brekkie wasnt filling enough, so followed in the footsteps of 'teef and ate some tarmac. Well, actually i decieded to cycle into a curb at pease pottage services, do some acrobatics, write off a wheel, forks, handle bars and myself in the process.. I am stupid sometimes!? And so, ive still not made it to Bognor...

And I just texted Davy to tell them to get a move on! Sorry Davy. Did your helmet get damaged?:blush:

OMG! :eek:

No.....damage....to.the.....thighs....OMG :eek:?

2j0bjiq.jpg

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
:-)

Helmets fine, dont think i hit my head.. Landed on my back.. If only i had a rucksack like Stu's..

Speicher may be sad, knees taken a bashing... Thighs are fine, thank f***.

redjedi

Über Member
Bad luck Davy, GWS.At least it wasn't your good bike.

Looks like just the 5 hardy souls set off for Bognor

179440_613251554035_222408385_5897266_5153973_n.jpg

Still not cold enough for Martin to wear arm warmers though
ohmy.gif

Perhaps he has other ways of keeping warm

179319_613246738685_222408385_5897212_5696246_n.jpg

and they have arrived

164757_613269148775_222408385_5897675_2878204_n.jpg

Less one walnut.

Pictures courtesy of TimO

Top Bottom