Not a great ride this evening.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L Q

Über Member
So as a newbie and been back into riding for the last 3 months I finally had my 1st off tonight.

Was going around 12-15mph on a dark country road and bang a nice pothole took the handlebar away from me and I went straight down, quick inspection with the front light looked like the wheels survived, left gear shifter completely buckled and handlebar tape scuffed and seat scuffed, got away with it I think with the bike. Checked it over when I got back in the garage in the light and hopefully it will be ok.

As for me bit battered and bruises, knee is scuffed to bits and both elbows got scuffs on.

Boy I love Lincolnshires roads :evil:

Won't be put off tho :tongue:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Ouch, sounds sore. Have a nice hot bath or you'll be stiff in the morning.
Report that pothole to the council as well.
Feel better soon.

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
Ouch, hope you're alright.

I caught a pot hole similar a few weeks back, luckily I lifted the front wheel over it in time, but it killed the rear inner tube.

Tonight I had an interesting slide on a drain cover lol, caught it beautifully I thought though lol

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ouch, take care!
These things happen, good you're not put off, hope the shifter can be fixed.

Keith Oates

Janner
Large pot holes are a menace but on unlit roads the only thing you can do is take more care which is easy to say but not so easy to follow. Hope your sore parts recover quickly.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
L Q

L Q

Über Member
Thanks for the replies all, Bit sore this morning. Bruising starting to come out so will feel it for a few more days I reckon.

Good news is my mate has fixed my shifter, Its scratched to bits but usable so I think the bike has got away with it

OP
OP
L Q

L Q

Über Member
Glad you survived! Do you need a better front light?

Steve
The lights are fine its the idiot who is riding that just misjudged it, Been to look at the road today and took a pic, The trouble is that its a typical rural Lincolnshire road with no cars and no street lighting and last night it was pure and simple just not enough reaction time.

Mummy3monkeys

I caught a pothole last night too, but without injury to me or bike, so I sympathise, and hope you are ok.
I had a bright light, but it was raining/sleeting and the pothole was full of water so I couldn't see it, combined with the rain on my glasses making seeing nigh on impossible. Rural roads are a nightmare I agree.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Find riding on unlit roads quite challenging. However good your lights are, they never seem to throw the beam quite far enough ahead, and it's therefore sometimes difficult to react in time.

Just have to slow down, I suppose! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom