Not a helmet thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have hair ........

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I never used to wear hats unless it was raining but since I have not had a haircut since December 2019 I need one to keep my hair under control and now never go out without either a baseball type, Tilley or something like the one figbat illustrates. I also have some sunhat types somewhere but mostly wear a Seimens logo baseball type which I got from son no 2.

I used to have a woollen slouchy beanie thing that I wore everywhere for a while but I looked like a massive hippie prannock when wearing it. It had some sentimental value so I was sad when ownership was unexpectedly transferred.

There are more photos of me wearing it than this, but this is the only one I could find without scouring broken phone/laptop etc. 572138

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
You might like the one he wore in Jackie Brown?
View attachment 572096
Isn't that beret? IMO he's wearing it wrong, it should be tilted to one side.
If your friend wants the street cred he really needs the plaited goatee too :smile:
Samuel wears berets by them yes, but he also wears their flat caps backwards so the logo is at the front. It's a thing apparently. :whistle:
(Looks fine on him, just not on a 52 year old white, obese solicitor).

This person of my acquaintance is not a friend of mine, far from it! Just someone I know.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
I looked like a massive hippie prannock

Guilty.
Also of looking up prannock even though the context makes it clear.

The following, taken at the height of my hippiedom, should really be under several dozen spoilers:

LE4PLCq.png

View: https://youtu.be/mo3pIV1CLrQ

It had some sentimental value so I was sad when ownership was unexpectedly transferred.

QIQLquv.jpg

(Way too much of my life is spent searching for subjects with white backgrounds. On reflection, I should’ve just removed the disc brakes. I’m not as good as whoever turned me into a wookie.)

Funnily enough the hat in the OP was my wife’s. She offered it when she saw me suffering, and eventually ceded ownership.

The cycle helmet my wife got me years ago has made a very useful hanging basket over the years. Fuchsias and begonias do great it it.
This is my usual cycling hat. (OTBC!)
View attachment 572146

Curious about the beastie above the fold in the partially covered up newspaper, I had a Google gander. No luck, but this was concerning:

keaQEEE.jpg

The legacy press grows desperately insistent even whilst inviting a new #MeToo movement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom