Not a single flight over Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just an observation. Pre CV19, this would never have happened at 8.15 on a Sunday morning.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's a shame it can't stay this way really if you ask me

gbb

Legendary Member
Generally speaking, the only aircraft we have seen for the last 2 months have been light aircraft and military, notably more military transports from the big stuff to Ospreys...oh, and an Apache type helicopter over Alconbury, you see them occasionally here. You do see the odd vapour trail so civilian stuff is up there, but precious little of it compared to pre covid times.

Drago

Legendary Member
We see a moderate amount of military traffic here - I'm guessing were on a route they use. We also get Apaches popping up and I'm pretty sure they use cars for "target" practice as we drive along a local ridge between the two villages. That's actually fine by me, just so long ad they don't actually shoot! :laugh:

But the clear skies and clear air is great. Hopefully it'll remain that way. The airlines are bleating, but that's just another industry founded on pollution and massive environmental damage which was itself long overdue a Darwinian adjustment.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I think/hope it will be very different if things ever return to "normal". There will surely be much less demand for air travel (and foreign travel in general), and the cost might well dictate that it might return to the 70's level when air travel was a rare and expensive event.

lets be honest a lot of the flights are un needed anyway and there is nothing wrong with holidaying in your home country .

AndyRM

XOXO
Wings Over Scotland has been shut down?!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Only 2 in Wales. And none anywhere near me. Yay. Then again we are not on flightpaths. We normally only get military aircraft flying around here.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

One inbound from Cologne, and a couple of local little'uns.
That's it over Poshshire!

Top Bottom