Not cycled for a month during COVID19 lockdown - bum has started hurting pretty much whenever I move.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davewcv

I've not been cycling to work for over a month now due to the lockdown but my bum (around the "tail") has started to really hurt when I stand up.

It's groaningly painful and I'm pretty sure it's something to do with those muscles not being worked any more.

I had something similar with my glutes a few years ago. It lasted months and was excrutiatingly painful. After numerous visits to the doctor and more drugs than Jimi Hendrix, all to no avail, I changed my bike and it went away in a couple of weeks. This injury feels kind of similar.

However these days I use a hub-geared commuter bike, heavy as a tank but comfortable as a limo!

Has anyone else experienced this and whats the best way to get it to go away - ease back into cycling every day or start doing my usual 5 miles per day again?

OP
OP
davewcv

davewcv

I should add that when I experienced glute problems I had stopped cycling for 2-3 weeks over Christmas.

OP
OP
davewcv

davewcv

Thanks - yeah I've been working from home sitting in our "computer chair" which has probably seen better days.

Could be a combination of the two factors.

Top Bottom