Not Good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

tbf rape allegations rarely are....

Slick

Guru
Ffs, that isn't good. I'm sure we all have our suspicions, but this is unlikely to end well regardless of the outcome.

Slick

Guru
I've not got a bloody clue tbh.

An Olympic cyclist who has held a prominent position since his retirement. Narrow the field a bit. :whistle:

Always struggled with statements and positions such as this below which was part of the article in the link.

"We urge anybody with concerns about non-recent or current abuse to report them either directly to the British Cycling safeguarding team by emailing compliance@britishcycling.org.uk."

Any abuse of a criminal nature should be reported to the Police and we should encourage victims to do it immediately. The Police also know which are the proper support organisations for the victims.

I have no faith in in-house mechanisms with fancy titles.

The Police should not only investigate the reported abuse but also investigate the in-house teams that are supposed to create the environment to reduce such cases. Such as prior formal and informal approaches by potential victims too these in-house teams, the process involved and the outcomes.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Always struggled with statements and positions such as this below which was part of article in the link.

"We urge anybody with concerns about non-recent or current abuse to report them either directly to the British Cycling safeguarding team by emailing compliance@britishcycling.org.uk."

Any abuse of a criminal nature should be reported to the Police and we should encourage victims to do it immediately. The Police also know which are the proper support organisations for the victims.

I have no faith in in-house mechanisms with fancy titles.

The Police should not only investigate abuse but also investigating in-house teams that are supposed to create the environment to reduce such cases.
Re in-house policy and protection.

Perhaps not the police but a Ofsted like body for sports organisations much like CQC Ofsted, charity commission etc.

Chislenko

Veteran
There often seems to be one of these headlines about "un-named premiership footballer" but we rarely see any follow up to the story.

Top Bottom