Not sure how true this is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
walker

walker

DanRVV2006 said:
Also what p**ses me off is that Boonen is being pushed away from races and told not to go and people calling for a ban yet Stefan Schmacher last year tested positive for cocaine yet he has no ban and is still aloud to race how can this be??????????

He's German so nobody cares, Cycling's fickle like that

kennykool

Good for you Dan - i'm on you're side in this.

I am actually a big fan of Boonen - so what he's taken coke......on a night out.........when he didn't have a race the next day........premiership footballers do that kind of stuff all the time and it's never reported.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
you can agree or disagree with anyone but the personal insults are the resort of the childish and ignorant hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. Grow up Dan.

mondobongo

Über Member
Whats up ickle Dan has one of your favourite riders been caught taking drugs. Surprised to see someone who has previously been so anti drugs suddenly defending a rider who has been caught taking drugs!

Its 2008 Cycling has entered a new era where it is no longer acceptable to take drugs. Look at the furore surrounding Bassos signing for Liquigas, likewise if Millar was caught today he would not get the second chance that he was given different times different climate.

What Boonen did will have a damaging effect to the clean up of the sport, it was downright stupid and grossly irresponsible as an ambassador of the sport to take Cocaine. The general public will not see any other tagline than Cyclist on drugs AGAIN! nor will they care that its cocaine rather than epo.

Boonen has announced he will take a break from Competition damm right he will because Quickstep will not want the embarrassment of ASO saying 'non' to them riding at the TdeF.

Stupid stupid man.

Noodley

Boonen has hit the news for all the wrong reasons recently...no need to jump on his case, no need to defend him, no need to get all wound up, no need for insults. Hey, it's life. These things happen. Nothing will be achieved by getting wound up about it...life is never "right or wrong".

Tetedelacourse

Noodley said:
Boonen has hit the news for all the wrong reasons recently...no need to jump on his case, no need to defend him, no need to get all wound up, no need for insults. Hey, it's life. These things happen. Nothing will be achieved by getting wound up about it...life is never "right or wrong".

Shut it stinky^_^

Keith Oates

Janner
DanRVV2006, I think it may pay to read posts more carefully before having a rant about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
I have no idea who Stefan Schmacher might be.

Clearly Boonen is wrong here, but I am unsure and also uncomfortable with this. Why are sporting bodies leaking or else reporting evidence of recreational drug use that does not break any sporting competition rules? What business is it of theirs?

Noodley

Dave5N said:

Clearly Boonen is wrong here, but I am unsure and also uncomfortable with this. Why are sporting bodies leaking or else reporting evidence of recreational drug use that does not break any sporting competition rules? What business is it of theirs?

It relates to who is testing, what rules are applied, what jurisdiction, is it criminal, is it "sport" sactions...

The "rules" are so cocked up it is difficult to determine...

I'm surprised you do not know S. Schumacher...:smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
Dave5N said:

It's a good point Dave5N, IIRC Jan Ullrich also get caught for taking 'recreation drugs' which also made the headlines. (I'm talking about a time before the Spanish Doctor was involved)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
ASO have said 'Non' to Boonen riding the Tour this year, can't say that I am too surprised. Hardline approach is going to be the way forward I think.

Tetedelacourse

I'm not surprised either. They'd have looked very selective having banned Astana and then allowed someone in who's recently been associated with drug-taking (of whatever sort).

Shame for the race but still, so stupid of Boonen.

kennykool

Yes that is a great loss to the Tour but I suppose it COULD leave the door open for Cavendish to take Green this year??????????

Or is that just wishful thinking?????????

Top Bottom