Not sure if I will make it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My target for the year is 2000 miles and I need to do another 410 miles by December 31st to achieve it. I know there are still 2.5 months left but if the weather really turns to the worse, ie high winds, heavy rain, snow etc... plus shorter daylight hours shortly, it is going to be difficult. Hoping to go out this Sunday ( the only day I have this week) but it all depends on Mr Weather.
I won't go out in the dark ( the wolf might get me) and not on rainy days or below +3 ( I am not very good on skates) so my options really depend on daylight, reasonable weather and availability.
The good thing is that there is always next year!

The weather's actually been pretty good this year - surely you should have hit that target months ago?

king dick

Jack the bike up on a few old yellow pages in the living room, put a re run of the isle of man tt on the telly and Bobs your uncle.

Last edited:
I was really on target this year - then along came a knee injury and a baby and I don't have a cats in hell chance now!

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

How many miles per week is that Gavroche? Might help to break it down and try to get out once a week. If not, it isn't the end of the world. You've cycled 1500+ miles more than most people.
I can do the maths, I just wonder if spare time and other conditions will allow me to do it, but hey, it is not the most important thing in the world. After all, it is only a hobby.

mattobrien

Guru
Rule 9 :whistle:

Plus it is a good opportunity to buy some wet weather gear and a good light.

If it is any consolation I won't hit my target this year and am currently around 300 miles down on last year. Ho hum.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well done for getting somewhere near your target anyway, Gavroche.
I have been having a recurrence of an old knee problem the last twice I have been out, so I can see my target slipping away too. Shame, as I was doing not bad up until the beginning of this month :sad:.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Judging by all your responses, I see that I am not the only one. Like Biker Joe, I wish you all a happy result by the end of December. I will let you know how I got on.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Move to somewhere with nicer weather :smile:
seriously though just ride your bike and enjoy it as the years not over till its over and you might get chance to get the miles in .My target is looking unobtainable this year what with moving house , 2 kids and illness my non commute riding has been pretty thin on the ground this year but i just intend to enjoy it when and where i can

Top Bottom