'Not the marrying type'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Yes there are some horrendously oppressive regimes around the world when it comes to womens rights.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't keep working to maintain our own though.

And of course we should do all we can to support the cause of those in other countries.

One of my yoga students can't visit her family in Iran, because of the research, and writing around women's rights, that she does here.

Iran used to be a modern progressive country with far greater equalities.

Advancement can easily be lost if we take it for granted. :sad:
I usually agree with much of what you say, mudsticks, but my experience of pre revolution Iran was not one of a progressive society, outside relatively wealthy families in some of the big cities.

I saw some horrifying things in the Shah's day, involving his secret police, SAVAK.

Just sayin'

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I usually agree with much of what you say, mudsticks, but my experience of pre revolution Iran was not one of a progressive society, outside relatively wealthy families in some of the big cities.

I saw some horrifying things in the Shah's day, involving his secret police, SAVAK.

Just sayin'

I'm sure you're right, esp you have first hand experience.
Sounds very interesting.

History tends to show that any regime with overarching power, and unchallengeable hierarchies, makes life pretty grim for those at the bottom of the heap. :sad:

Landsurfer

Veteran
Me and the brave Jules where both married when we met ... obviously not to each other .... we became a couple after lots of difficulties and after 25 years of togetherness and child raising we entered into marriage.
It was an amazing marriage ceremony, best we've ever been too ... really !
Fantastic day, Valentines Day, in the hotel I worked in as a lad in Ulster .... Such a brilliant venue that we had my mums funeral in the same room 2 years ago ...lol
Does it make a difference ... yes it does ... so very subtle .... but it does .....
We have a number of close friends, couples, who like us had a long "try before you buy" period before marriage .. they all agree that there is difference, positive , in their relationship after the event.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The rules of the marriage thing are published in a book .... like the rules of hockey are published in a book .... if you don't agree with the hockey rules then your not playing hockey ... if you don't agree with the marriage rules then your not married .... .. your certainly something, something amazing and worthwhile, but not married. You may decide to play Rugby football with a Soccer ball, but it's not Rugby .

What is the title of this book with the rules of marriage in.?

Asking for a friend.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
"The Ladybird Book of the Husband"

:whistle:

Seriously though, its one of the funniest tomes I've read in the last few years. :angel:

Well if we're talking the new adult ladybird series I've just been given this.

I'd hardly call it a tome though.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Well if we're talking the new adult ladybird series I've just been given this.

I'd hardly call it a tome though.

View attachment 500447

Yes in the same series, a tome can be a smaller book comprising one part of a larger work :okay:

Top Bottom