Not the un-judgemental un-smug green environmental thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
A place for your amusing, misguided, or downright bananas attempts to save the planet. I'll kick off.

In order to save electricity I have binned the telly. I painted my living room window frame black, stuck a sony badge on the bottom, and watch that instead.

In order to use less fuel and reduce pollution, I only use my SUV in 2wd mode when making the 200 metre journey to school.

Instead of fly tipping my rubbish like I used to I now pay a nice man in a van to take it away for me. He only accepts cash, and has promised solemnly to dispose of it responsibly.

Slioch

Guru
I've started putting my fag butts into the recycling.

Also looking into recycling my urine and excrement, but so far York Council haven't expressed any interest. Their loss. :becool:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Also looking into recycling my urine and excrement, but so far York Council haven't expressed any interest. Their loss. :becool:

Why d'ya want the council to recycle it?

the sewage processors are already doing it for them - or is your sh1t perticularly special?? :becool:

Urine separating compost loo here.
The poo fraction plus sawdust goes down to practically nothing - just looks like sawdust again in 18 months.

The nitrogen rich urine however, is fantastic for quickly breaking down woodchip into a good soil conditioner - 9 mnth turnaround in the summer :okay:

Or for innoculating home made bio-char.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Why d'ya want the council to recycle it?

the sewage processors are already doing it for them - or is your sh1t perticularly special?? :becool:

Urine separating compost loo here.
The poo fraction plus sawdust goes down to practically nothing - just looks like sawdust again in 18 months.

The nitrogen rich urine however, is fantastic for quickly breaking down woodchip into a good soil conditioner - 9 mnth turnaround in the summer :okay:

Or for innoculating home made bio-char.
This is not the thread for serious discussion of such matter :laugh:

I have taken to only using aerosols when some distance from the house. This will ensure the resulting ozone hole will not be above my own property.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
This is not the thread for serious discussion of such matter :laugh:

I have taken to only using aerosols when some distance from the house. This will ensure the resulting ozone hole will not be above my own property.

Oh, that's weird...

I was expecting to have my attempts to be more ecological as 'downright bananas' 'misguided' or 'amusing' :wacko:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

It's hilarious how some folks actually do believe that :smile:

Top Bottom