Not wearing a helmet anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've never worn one, don't feel the need to and I certainly don't feel vulnerable. Cotton cap, woolly hat or the wind through my luxuriant barnet* if the mood takes me.

*Possible lie alert.

Are we going to have a Glove Debate section too then?

OP
OP
M

Markymark

Fine then don't wear a lid.

Thread locked.
Thank goodness I have your permission.
The question asked was about talking to one's nearest and dearest about the decision not to wear a helmet. We have loads of threads about the merits of helmets and all the compelling reasons why people should wear them.
...or people who throw their teddy-bears out of the pram as not everyone does as they do :laugh:

Don't know what it will do with the aesthetics of your bike (or if you are too bothered about it) but if you don't have the space on the bars for a 2nd light, but do have 2 or 3 spacers on the headset, you could fit an accessory bar and mount the lights on that instead.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

Don't know what it will do with the aesthetics of your bike (or if you are too bothered about it) but if you don't have the space on the bars for a 2nd light, but do have 2 or 3 spacers on the headset, you could fit an accessory bar and mount the lights on that instead.
The thing is in London I find my lights can be obscured by traffic and are forward facing. The helmet light could be directed to cars coming from side roads or be seen above the cars and that's what I miss. I could polish my head a bit more and stick reflectors to it!

The thing is in London I find my lights can be obscured by traffic and are forward facing. The helmet light could be directed to cars coming from side roads or be seen above the cars and that's what I miss. I could polish my head a bit more and stick reflectors to it!
I used to commute in the south of England and dealt with the issue by using 3M wrap around spoke reflectors - only really works when a vehicle has lights on, but they don't miss seeing you when you have the spoke reflectors on... I prefer the ones "Sekuclip" because they don't seem to fail anywhere near as often or as quickly as the cheaper versions and they work really well even when covered in mud... all of our bikes have them now.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
As I think someone else suggested, use an ordinary head-torch. Petzel make good ones.

OP
OP
M

Markymark

Hopefully people will remember thus thread is not about whether you should or shouldn't. There's enough threads about that. It's about stopping wearing one.

If you wish to write how everyone shoukd please fund the relevant threads and post away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom