Now I know the world's gone mad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's a pub somewhere, was called The Shoulder of Mutton. It's been renamed to avoid upsetting vegans, or Democrats as they're called in my house.
That's actually not true. It changed its name to attract more vegetarians and vegans rather then changed to avoid upsetting them.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
There's a pub somewhere, was called The Shoulder of Mutton. It's been renamed to avoid upsetting vegans, or Democrats as they're called in my house.

Madness I tells ya .

Drago

Legendary Member
It would be interesting to see if the different clientele are any more wealthy than the meat eating old one. I suspect little, if any, research was conducted to establish that their new target group were a) more wealthy, and b) more inclined to eat out than their existing clientele and c) What the profit margin on vegan/vegetaian/lacto-vegetarian dishes may be. That being the case, it is a bit mad.

Or is It? Nationwide free publicity for their establishment might not be a bad thing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm a vegetarian.
As in you eat veg as well.^_^

postman

Legendary Member
I am told you can buy grass down in Chapeltown Leeds.Funny that cos the area is a sheet hole.--------As a neighbourhood with a history of economic downturn, Chapeltown has a huge association with crime.[27] The area has suffered some serious social problems, including some street drug dealing and a fear of gun crime in the last decade

Last edited:
Top Bottom