Now the freaking school are at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Right on cue, the head at our school has again sent a letter out about cycling to school.

Only Year 5 and 6 pupils are allowed to ride bikes to school, and only if they are helmeted and have done pedal ready training.

Maybe we should have a "Letter to ill informed Headteachers" template!

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 1752720, member: 45"] Our school is only a 5 minute walk but the boys love riding in with their friends. It's like watching the chase scene from ET when their mates call for them and they all ride off down the road.

[/quote]
Thats fab, I've only just started my son off riding on the road, and he's very slow to pick it up (prefers bickering with me cos I'm being bossy when in fact I'm trying to teach him to ride).

Can't wait til he's confident and able to ride independantly off with his mates or off to visit his Nan etc.

I'm definitely going to write to the Head this time, I didn't last time, not that I expect to achieve much.

martynjc1977

Veteran
Right on cue, the head at our school has again sent a letter out about cycling to school.

Only Year 5 and 6 pupils are allowed to ride bikes to school, and only if they are helmeted and have done pedal ready training.

Maybe we should have a "Letter to ill informed Headteachers" template!

The school is not in a position to dictate what a child does outside it's gates, unless the child is using specific school organised transport. As there is no mandatory helmet, or training law in the UK the school is infringing on a parents personal choice to allow their child not to wear a helmet, or receive training. This is covered by human rights law, just the mention of this will probably get the school to back down.

thelawnet

4x4 rules ok, eh?

Complain to the local newspaper.

My daughter is in Nursery and she often rides to school, as does one of her classmates, many more use scooters.

This is a crazy decision.

(Actually the school has a few edicts about cycling, including helmet wearing, I just ignore them. Nothing so bad as banning cycling itself though.)

snorri

Legendary Member
Complain to the local newspaper.
Off topic perhaps, but has a letter to a local newspaper ever resolved anything?

Sara_H

Guru
LOL.

Just been to drop something off at school and the headteachers car is parked across the pavement, completely blocking it and right next to the school entrance!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
LOL.

Just been to drop something off at school and the headteachers car is parked across the pavement, completely blocking it and right next to the school entrance!

You should have been in and complained that someone was blocking the pavement for pedestrians making it dangerous ^_^ or called the police to get them to leave a notice on the car:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom